Saunders vs. Murray moved to 23rd June

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Smudge_, Mar 20, 2018.

1. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Yes i was i the camp that thought he was catching up to hearn...well its understandable after hed been a big chance by bt....but yes hes screwing it up

CutThroatFade and Scissors like this.
  2. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    I thought Flanaghan v Hooker was still going ahead at a different venue?

3. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Injury could be legit, in fairness. But that doesn't change the fact his cards have a habit of doing this

4. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    I made no secret of my belief that Frank was putting the heat on Eddie coming towards the end of 2017. I still stand by that - he had beaten Eddie to sign Frampton, looked like he was possibly going to sign Degale (had be beaten Truax) he had/has big UK fights to look forward to with Saunders etc. But Hearn to his credit has responded and really delivered big time from the start of the year. Where as Frank outside of Frampton, Selby/Warrington has really has a terrible start to the year and has lost serious moment.

However, If he pulls himself together quickly he can salvage things and get back on track. Here's some of me examples of things he needs to get done.

1 sign Fury - I can't stand the geezer but it would be a major coup for Frank and a slight blow for Matchroom.

2 if Canelo gets banned, Frank needs to show that he can deliver a major fight and go all out for GGG- Saunders at the 02 and forget Murray.

3) Assuming Selby and Frampton both win have the negotiations sorted from early and announce the fight at Windsor Park with date straight after May 19.

im sparticus likes this.
  5. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Tyson Fury is only a coup because matchroom want him. If he’s fighting cans. 2 fights down the line people will be bored of him. He couldn’t sell out the MEN against Klitschko but now he will probably sell out an arena like that for the first fight, maybe the second but after that it will go a bit stale. He’s a great boxer but he’s not fan friendly. Tony bellew gets slated on here (disclaimer - I’m not a fan of his) but his fights are much more entertaining to watch than any Fury fight and you’ve got the added bonus of wanting to see him get knocked out!

Beez likes this.
  6. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Totally agree Frankie boy should have gotten WBSS on Boxnation. They could have easily canned their **** York Hall cards on days that clashed. Frank would have had Groves-Eubank on his platform and would have promoted the **** out of it.

Imagine him gloating to Hearn that he had Smith on his platform. He missed a trick.

He probably genuinely thought the fans would prefer to see Yarde take on a Hungarian nightclub bathroom attendant instead of Usyk-Breidis.

EX7EY, Beez, Howitzer1888 and 2 others like this.
  7. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Franks got a good size stable of fighters but they never make tv but instead he puts like you said puts yarde in with trash I thought Tom baker was a decent talent but Frank never put him on tv and I rated him alot more then yards and who wants to see Dubois against glass jaws of cw give me a pigford fight lol

8. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    This content is protected