Selby v Frampton: who would win?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by lencoreastside, Jul 16, 2017.

who wins ..Carl or Lee?

1. Carl

25 vote(s)
    46.3%
  2. Lee

29 vote(s)
    53.7%
  1. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Selby has beaten Barros. He says he really wants Frampton. How do ye all see it panning out. Who wins and why?

2. boxingcrazy

boxingcrazy Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 3, 2010
    i think that lee would be all wrong for carl tbh. he's tall,long, good jab and very tricky to pin down but the one thing that can let him down is his concentration and this is one thing that carl is so much better than lee at. carl is switched on from the minute he gets in the ring till the very end of the fight and if lee switches off too much he could well give carl a chance. :thumbsup:

i would bet on a points win for lee selby:thumbsup:

DavidJames and lencoreastside like this.
  3. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Been saying for a while that Selby wins this.

Odins beard likes this.
  4. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Thanks for the reply.
    Care to give reasons?
    I want to promote a discussion here.

5. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2016
    I think Selby is too big and his style is all wrong for Carl.Hope the fight happens. Would be a good one

6. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Step too far for Frampton this. He would have to move inside to land on Selby which Frampton is skilful enough to do but Selby would no longer be there when he managed it such is Selby's brilliant movement. He certainly wouldn't beat him up, but he's out land him to win nearly every round.

7. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Would have to say Selby, but he took a couple of rounds off last night when the cut happened and maybe Frampton saw that and thinks he can capitalise. I think Selby dominates the early rounds.

8. Silent_Service

Silent_Service Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Selby for me, the bigger & stronger man.

The fight would be brilliant however, with many twists and turns along the way. Firmly believe that their styles mash up well for a real fight - bit of everything in there, boxing, brawling, purist movement , spite etc..

GencoA likes this.
  9. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Too rangy, too slick. Beats Frampton to the jab all day long.

Odins beard likes this.
  10. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    I'm not sure it would be a great fight. Selby might fight a very negative hit n run fight that might be a poor spectacle to watch.

11. Silent_Service

Silent_Service Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 25, 2014
    See I can envisage Selby trying to box off the back foot, making the fight all his, forcing Frampton to "roll the dice" and drag Selby into it... feel Selby is the better, but don't feel he's that much better that he can avoid being pulled in..if that makes sense

12. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    My personal prediction/breakdown of this fight is a Selby victory.

I see fight as a bit of a chess match earlier on, both have terrific timing and footwork, but I believe Selby's extra speed and volume would help him to edge more of the close rounds. I think his size advantage would play its part but i think he has more variety in his movement and these advantages would see him winning on points in region of 116-112 in a competitive fight.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    GencoA likes this.
  13. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Good assessment. Good post.

moog likes this.
  14. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    One thing I feel might be a factor is quality of opposition. Frampton Deffo has the better CV. It was a bit worrying though the way he was unable to adjust to LSC V2.0 in the second fight. LSC is fairly straightforward compared to Selby.

moog likes this.
  15. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I agree with your points in last post. LSC had big reach advantage and in second fight us timing and Jab we're on queue and Carl had no plan B. Selby would have these advantages one feels. I was very surprised Carl with his boxing ability never had a plan B against LSC, he seemed lost of ideas