Selby v Warrington - Who wins and how?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by ExclusiveLeeds, Jan 30, 2017.

1. ExclusiveLeeds

ExclusiveLeeds New Member Full Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Having seen both of these guys careers slow somewhat over the last 6 months is the Frampton loss likely to lead to a clash?

If so how do you see it going? Being a Yorkshireman I've seen more of Warrington than Selby and a lot of my close contacts seem to favour/have some bias towards a Warrington victory on points.

How do you guys see the fight going if it ever happens??

2. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Warrington's blatant ducking of Selby tells you everything you need to know.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  3. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    I give Warrington virtually no chance in this fight

4. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Selby points for me both very feather fisted. Selby better technically but Warrington better work rate and output.

5. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Selby is a decent puncher - remember his KO of Stephen Smith and look at how his stoppages have been later in his career and against good opposition. Not having a massive ko % does not make you feather fisted - a closer looks shows Selby is not

6. DavidJames

Mar 15, 2016
    Selby wins - either a late stoppage or very wide points win

Warrington is very fit and works hard but is domestic / euro level at best

Oneirokritis likes this.
  7. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    23 fights and 8 k.os not like he is fighting the top guys in the division and he is a huge featherweight so am sticking with feather fisted.

8. @Maley

@Maley Active Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2016
    I think Selby wins a close fight. Wil come down to wat the judges prefer slick Selby or the work rate of Warrington. It's not as one sided as lot of people think imo.
    Selby looked awful at the weigh in Friday and is known to b massive at the weight that cud b a big factor later on in the fight as he likes to fight in spells. Warrington won't allow them breathers and can do 12 rounds at a fast pace.

9. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Josh beats selby.
    I wouldnt take too much notice of what some posters say who have an agenda. People want to say he ducked him but thats nonsense.
    Steve wood has done at least 2 videos where he calls out eddie and sanigar on this issue and as of yet they havnt replied.
    Selby is not as good as most people seem to think, in fact hes one dimesional. He can only fight at range as long as you come in a straight line and he likes to control the pace.
    Dont get me wrong he has done well and has had a fruitful career but i just think josh has the beating of him.
    He will up the pace and has the ability to come at angles which is an area a lot if people dont know about warringtons boxing ability.
    Most people have him down as a high paced presser but hes more to him than that, he can box and box on the backfoot as well.

10. goku23

goku23 Member Full Member

May 28, 2014
    don't think it would even be close, Selby clear UD or late stoppage for me

11. @Maley

@Maley Active Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2016

No saying I agree with all this but I have seen josh under pressure and on the back foot. He can certainly do both.

12. BigDoofus

Apr 4, 2016
    I've not seen the videos but refusing to fight Selby last summer and then jumping to another promoter looks like a huge duck.

13. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    You really need to watch the vids mate, when i get sone time ill embed em here but i need to look for em first.
    No disrespect but analyse where your getting your info from and most of it youve picked up from sites like this which has come from guys who generaly just dont like warrington because of his fans, the info is skewd.
    Warrington is after the big fights and iheard him say the other week that he wants anyone barring grj.
    He really is up for it and hungry.
    And come on pall, how do u work that one out, "hes gone with another promoter and so that looks like a huge duck". I mean really!
    This is exactly the skewed information im talking about. Its all biased supposition.
    How about hes getting a lot more money?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  14. DavidJames

Mar 15, 2016
    Is Warrington in with Marco Mccullough next? Saw it on a warren presser but not seen much else about it

15. BigDoofus

Apr 4, 2016
    How about him refusing the Selby fight because the date was too close to his wedding and then taking an easier fight instead?