Selby vs Kambosos jr

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    This content is protected

im sparticus and Holler like this.
  2. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Good fight
    I like George might throw e little to much leather for Selby liking

3. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Decent fight, would love to see a top performance by Selby, but it's still another underwhelming UK card. We need MTK or somebody to ramp up competition and fast.

Lopez is the IBF champ right?

4. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    Lets see who Cordina and Cox are matched with. Cordina is an exciting talent and Cox is usually entertaining.

It’s Frank Warren who needs to step up the competition. He’s had how many cards this year? And how many planned forthcoming? Half his roster are on the o2 card. I know it’s PPV so they’ve had to strengthen it but Yarde v Arthur could have been a separate copperbox show.

Holler likes this.
  5. Deepdale

Deepdale New Member Full Member

Dec 4, 2019
    Yeah Lopez is the champ. I suppose Selby and his team will be looking at winning this, and then waiting round for an easier vacant title shot after Lopez moves up.

6. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    Or a retirement pay day?

7. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Real crossroads fight this one. Tough one to pick might go Selby in a close one. He's looked pretty average at 135 so a big opportunity for Kambosos to get a big breakthrough win to boost his career.

Scissors likes this.
  8. Deepdale

Deepdale New Member Full Member

Dec 4, 2019
    Yeah that's probably more likely actually, a nice payday and a fight in New York to finish your career off.

9. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I looked and it and thought it looked a decent night out. In a great city also, probably a good weekend to be had...

MTK may be positioning themselves to offer Sky an alternative if the DAZN entry into the UK makes their Matchroom deal unsustainable. After seeing the disgraceful officiating a couple of weeks ago however I've lost enthusiasm for them.

Scissors likes this.
  10. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    I've lost all hope for Warren to be honest, I think he is all in on Dubois and then that could be it for him

11. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    MTK also had a show on in Dubai last night. First fight was an African vs an ubeaten Kazakh heavyweight 11-0 (10 KO). The African had no right being in the same ring as him, complete and utter mismatch. A couple of decent fights followed but then the main event, a WBC International title fight was a complete robbery. The home fighter was a Nigerian vs a Dominican. The Dominican boy must have won the first 6/7 round and maybe lost the last 3 or even drew them and they some how scored it a draw.
    Also a big upset on the card as TJ Doheny lost to a Romanian fighter. I thought he was gona get stiffed on the cards but he never.

Holler likes this.