Selby-Warrington: who y'all got?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by lencoreastside, Mar 16, 2018.

who wins

1. Selby

75 vote(s)
    77.3%
  2. Warringtom

22 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Who is "our kid" Maley? Are you related to a boxer around that weight?

2. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    I have tickets and am going, really think this will be a closer fight than people think and I never thought I would say this but am leaning to Warrington points.

im sparticus likes this.
  3. @Maley

@Maley Active Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2016

Retired Chris male. Lost a vacant English title fight on points to Warrington.

4. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Oh ok ... nice one Marley thanks. I’m sticking with Lee though.plus Lee seems a lot more likeable

5. @Maley

@Maley Active Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2016

Josh was actually a nice lad and his dad is. Tho he may not be coming off the best in the build up so far. Can't speak highy enough of them from a personal experiene pre fight and after the fight. Hope he does the job tough fight tho

Sphillips and im sparticus like this.
  6. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Thanks for the insight Maley. :)
    Yeah, I know what you mean, josh has come across as "meaner" or "hungrier" than the more laid back selby. Of course that doesn't mean josh is a bad sort in "real life".... But Lee has always seemed likeable to me.

@Maley likes this.
  7. TeessideK

TeessideK New Member Full Member

Mar 12, 2016
    Got a feeling Warrington outworks Selby over 12

8. "TKO"

"TKO" Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Not really got anything against Warrington but I think Selby just has too much for him - expect a clear UD.

Scissors likes this.
  9. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    I think Selby has a great mentality and finds a way. Think he will beat him in every department for wide ud

Will take someone special to dethrone Selby. Josh Warrington isn' it

velagod and Scissors like this.
  10. Devon Dog

Devon Dog Member Full Member

Dec 29, 2017
    Selby on points with his experience

I saw the chat over the desk on Boxnation last night others on here have said Warrington is cocky and he was Thats a shame because I like him when he helping with commentary on the telly

11. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Unless...unless the weight catches up to selby. That's my only concern.otherwise Lee should win this fairly easily I feel.

12. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    How josh ia coming across in this build up goes back to summer 2016 and 'weddinggate'. Im sure you remember the time. It was made to look like josh ducked selby that time and that just wasnt the case. Josh got a lot of stick and still does on social media relating to that incident. Selby made a lot of remarks that josh took personnal and now josh is dishing it back out.
    Whether all this is right or wrong is besides the point, its just whats happening.
    Lee has come accross to me as a real tosser at times, both inside and outside the ring.
    he used to portray himself as some bad man who walked about with a pebble in his shoe giving a walk as though he was on the streets of brixton, a real clown.
    He did cone accross well on the fighter by trade he did recently tho. Boxing is a hard life and a lot of these kids come from tough areas and backgrounds so its no wonder they arent camera friendly all the time.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    pow, Scissors and lencoreastside like this.
  13. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    If Selby gets in front early on and controls the first six rounds, rendering Warrington's successes few and far between, he could take the edge off the Roland Road crowd.

I think it'll be Lee Selby by 10-2 or 9-3 UD, in totally convincing fashion. I think he could even stop Josh Warrington late with his accuracy if he invests well in the body attack and doesn't take his foot off the gas.

14. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    This should be all to apparent to anyone who watched Lee Selby vs Martin Lindsay -- namely, the last two or three rounds whereby Lee was way ahead in points and basically clowned Lindsay for those few rounds.

There could be various points in this fight (probably in the mid to late rounds) in which Selby will be showboating and trying to mug Warrington off in front of Josh's fans. The thought of this will more than likely appeal to Lee.

im sparticus likes this.
  15. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Do you think there will be crowd trouble if this happens?