Should Billy joe still get to fight Andrade?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by jmashyaka, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Guidelines which VADA are ignoring in favour of their own, hence the confusion in this instance.

This article outline some of the issues:

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article19788.html

2. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    This is Heredia claims, he has worked with USADA for years if I got a Conte interview he would say all the things wrong with USADA and big up VADA because he has worked with them. The facts are VADA are damn near the only guys who actually catch cheaters, now it may not be with their own labs but they are catching cheaters with their programmes. You notice BJS only has been caught for this fight and this happens to be the first time he has been enrolled in full VADA testing. Had this been with UKAD testing this would never been picked up, how many times has BJS used this nasal spray? Who knows. I do know however BJS has had a flabby look his whole career and with one camp with Ingle he suddenly Looked ripped, now he has tested dirty, it’s no coincidence for me.

3. Holler

Mar 12, 2018

The tests would have produced exactly the same findings, know why? Because they're done by the same labs. The difference is that UKAD would have applied WADA protocols. So do you disagree with WADA protocols and view VADA as superior and do you have a scientific basis for that view?

On the wider issue I disagree with the VADA approach of signing up with Vada for the duration of a fight contract. It's asinine. All fighters should be subject to spot test in whether they have a fight signed or not and there should be one protocol that applies to fighters across borders.

Tazz likes this.
  4. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    I don’t disagree with WADA protocols, they don’t really have protocol they state what drug is banned that’s basically all WADA do. VADA is enforcing their list of banned substances so if it shows up in your test then VADA will alert the commissions or the boards and they will hand out the sentence.

I’ll tell you this right now UKAD is useless if it were up to them BJS having this banned substance would be okay coz it isn’t the night of the fight. At least if you get someone to sign up to full VADA testing you get them tested throughout the training camp. Hence why full VADA testing has been the one catching on to athletes with banned substances in their system.

5. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    No. WADA is a bureaucratic organization that is too stodgy to be responsive or catch people the way VADA has, and it's unrealistic to think the fragmented boxing power structure would lend itself to one authoritative power source for *anything*. Who gets to decide which one to use?

6. Holler

Mar 12, 2018
    Ok great, so....

UKAD are following the WADA protocol. This is the entire point?

7. Holler

Mar 12, 2018
    Please explain how VADA can catch people in a way WADA cant?

Also, bearing in mind just how corrupt boxing is, do you really think it's a good idea for boxing , alone of world sports, to go it alone with a private company?

8. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    What is WADA protocol on this substance? Please enlighten me...

UKAD says this substance is banned only on fight night, what kind of stupid rule is that? VADA are saying BJS has been found to have this substance in his system, a substance which is on the banned list according to WADA. the Boston commission is gunna decide on if it’s okay because the fight is taking place in Boston not the UK. If they decide it’s okay then Andrade has every reasoned to feel hard done by, why didn’t he take his ped during his training camp so he could have better endurance and make weight more comfortbale.

9. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    WADA doesn’t catch anyone, they tell the drug testers what’s banned. They set the guidelines for is on the banned lists this pretty much all they do for all sports from athletics to boxing to soccer to whatever.

10. Holler

Mar 12, 2018
    It's a WADA rule, UKAD (and USADA and all the rest) enforce them in multiple sports across the world.

All except boxing, probably the most corrupt sport of them all where a private company has sprung up with an official sounding acronym and presented itself as a superior alternative to the world body.

This is the point where alarm bells should be ringing...

11. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    It’s a WADA rule that you can take oxfolirine as long as it’s not on the night of the fight? Please point me to where I can find this rule?

12. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    VADA isn't as bogged down in agency morass the way WADA is, given their respective scopes. VADA is much more targeted and, as here, has produced results.

You have more faith in WADA than I do.

jmashyaka likes this.
  13. Holler

Mar 12, 2018
    jmashyaka likes this.
  14. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    he should get the same punishment canelo did, and have to submit to a hair follicle test. he should be stripped.

15. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    Fair enough you are infact correct, so I’ll retract my statement. However I don’t agree with WADA decision about in competition testing that is ridiculous. So in theory a boxer could use that substance all year round and cycle of once he starts his camp and still reap alm the benefits?