Should Errol Spence Jr's Recent Bizarre Blipped Out Lapses In Concentration, Be Of Greater Concern?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Jun 16, 2022.

1. ForemanJab

ForemanJab Deus Vult Full Member

May 8, 2014
    His brain seems to short circuit for a sec whenever he’s caught with a good shot now. Could be an effect from the crash. There’s no way he walked away from a wreck that bad without some residual brain damage.

ShovelHook, dcb154, Oddone and 3 others like this.
  2. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016

This re-enforces my belief that Crawford stops him late

3. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Shame they didn't have that ref for any of Dre's fights or his Olympic semi-final where he literally spent half of the fight holding like an octopus/bear hybrid.

Jalolov had a point deducted by the US ref the other night, in round 4. Weird because you can get away with holding like an octopus for 12 rounds over there if you're a home fighter.

4. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I've always thought Crawford would beat Spence with relative ease, I'm now more convinced than ever. That being said, I'm not really in the mood to see it at the moment, because I do think something is off with Errol and I really hope they put him through a battery of tests, by doctors looking for problems, that are willing to make unpopular decisions, instead of yes men. Completely clear him as healthy and capable of fighting, before this fight gets made. No amount of pride or desire to see a match by fans is wort man's long term health or possibly life.

ShovelHook, Reinhardt and nurological like this.
  5. 941Jeremy

941Jeremy Active Member Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    If this was the case then this would be a recurring issue during sparring as well and no way would they allow him to continue boxing if this was routinely happening.

pacas and KO KIDD like this.
  6. YCGS

YCGS Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 13, 2013
    I see what you're saying and we all hope it isn't more serious.

What I had finally settled on was that I think in the accident he lost several of his teeth and I feel like in the fight when the mouthpiece comes out he sort of flashes back to that moment and it is a sort of self conscious "fear" of losing his teeth. (I know a common dream people have is losing their teeth for example) The reason I came to that conclusion and not something worse as you shared concerns about was by how quickly he dials back in and gets to work. Totally just my theory though.

CST80 likes this.
  7. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    I missed both those fights but you can totally see something is not right he literally looked lost in both those videos

pacas and CST80 like this.
  8. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    If Spence has a confused moment against Crawford, Crawford will viscously move in for the kill and be all over him.

Crawford within eight is how I see it at the moment.

pacas, George Crowcroft and Reinhardt like this.
  9. BoB Box

BoB Box Rollin with the punches Full Member

Jun 13, 2022
    Right, and then ate Ugas best shot so that probally didnt help either. ( by the way Ugas should have earned a knock down, looked like the ropes held Spence up)

pacas, George Crowcroft and Cally like this.
  10. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Always was, is, and always will be the case.

11. JacK Rauber

JacK Rauber Try not to offend, try harder not to be offended Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Yes, like you, I am very concerned with what I have seen with Spence. I like Spence a lot and I would hate to see him suffer serious damage. He does not seem to be the same fighter that he was prior to the accident. I think it is much more serious than they let on. He has a heart of a lion but that could lead to long-term problems.

CST80 likes this.
  12. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    I've been saying I don't like the way he reacts to getting hit for years. Even though he's barely fought any punchers, let alone ones his own size, he pulls ouch that really hurt little girl faces when he gets tagged by light-average punchers. He reacts like he's been clipped by bombs from power punchers when in reality these guys are not big punchers at all and this whole spitting out his mouthpiece business he keeps doing to buy more time when he's been buzzed or hurt only confirms my initial observations. Even if you're afflicted with the sadly all too common WMS (weak mandible syndrome) you don't ever show your hand like that. That's a cardinal rule. You put on your best poker face.

13. box33

box33 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 25, 2021
    There was a video someone posted here a while back, was surprised though not completely sure as the quality sucked, if it's true then it could be a strategy he employs and we have just missed it.

pacas likes this.
  14. box33

box33 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 25, 2021
    Good post & yeah i think the OP didn't see that video but clearly he's been reacting like that long before the accident occurred.

Serge likes this.
  15. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    Thanks