Should Hughie Fury join the Kronk?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by FuryFTW, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Well yeah but will he ever leave his father? Very unlikely and is it even possible to change his style? He looks like he's only ever fought in the one manner and it's probably too late to change his style no matter who you put him with.

2. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    I think I've lost the patience to wait any longer for Hughie to produce his breakthrough performance. Maybe a spell training at the Kronk, where it's all about aggression, will do him good but that place isn't for everyone. If you haven't got the mindset you can get eaten. Errol Christie never really got over his experience there.
    By all means give him a couple of months there but if it doesn't work he should pack it in. As things stand he's no chance of winning the British Title.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  3. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I don't get the impression that him and Tyson talk anymore, so it might not be a friendly place for him.

4. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Hughie Fury has the athletic ability of a spoon

ipitythefool likes this.
  5. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Agreed. Peter is doing a good job with him - like he did with Tyson - it comes down to what Hughie has himself.

Patter983 likes this.
  6. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    The real issue with Hughie is that he doesn’t appear to enjoy boxing. He doesn’t enjoy inflicting pain on his opponent. Which in HW professional boxing is a must have.

He looks like the tall kid at school who was pressurised into playing basketball because of his height, but hates every minute of it. I think if Tyson wasn’t such a big hit he never would have even boxed.

7. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018
    you no what I’ve always got that impression mate that he sort of doing it to not let his dad down, maybe I’m wrong !

8. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    I think it's more likely that he was pressured into Boxing. He's been in it since he was 14. All the family have boxed at one level or another.

destruction likes this.
  9. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    Sugarhill said he was going back to training amateurs after the Wilder fight and wouldn't be training pros in future. Whether he sticks to that or not only time will tell. Otherwise I think it could be a good move for Hughie. Have to rate Peter Fury as a trainer, but feel Hughie would benefit from a change.

10. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Does Johnathon Banks have any involvement in the current Kronk set up?

11. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    People disrespecting Hughie but the fact is he is an elite Heavyweight and is operating comfortably within the top 20 of the division. To my knowledge he has never been knocked down and seems willing to fight anyone at home or on the road. I would love to see him in against Dubois but Frank would never let it happen and Joyce would be punching air all night long. Him and Peter should ignore haters and stick to his boxing but it's pretty obvious Eddie is pressuring them to put on a show.

He has already won it, vacated for an IBF final eliminator against Pulev, IN BULGARIA, an eliminator that other notable HW's ducked. He makes absolute mincemeat out of British level contenders, look what happened to Sexton.

12. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Top 20 sure, elite? Not a chance

Guys solid, can box and has a chin of rock but he has lost every fight where he goes above British or Euro level

And Frank imo would put him in with Dubois tomorrow
    Nothing to fear there

He probably wouldn't win the British title as it stands today
    Not with Joyce and Dubois being the current level of comp

Sexton is not comparable

13. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Hughie has already fought for a world title and by default joins a very special group of fighters who have competed at the very top of their division. Joyce is far to slow and old to pose any issues for him, at 25 he is just coming into his prime. Easy work. Sexton is a British level operator, Joyce and Dubois are world level contenders, the fact they are competing for the British title is nothing more than a marketing gimmick.

14. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    Isn't he in big bear now doing his own thing?.

15. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    And lets be honest, did he deserve that shot against Parker? I mean really deserve it
    And id agree to a degree about the British title being a marketing tool being used between a World level operator in Joyce and a soon to be World level operator in Dubois
    However thats the competition so although in 2018 Hughie was the flag bearer in that division, his chances are a whole lot slimmer now
    Thats partly due to the World title scene being so congested so these guys gotta fight for something

Sportsman's bet
    Joyce beats Hughie if they ever fight
    Fury dont throw enough when its a fighter that can punch back and Joyce is relentless in coming forward

pow likes this.