Should Wilder be considered rank 3?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Vegan Beast, Mar 10, 2021.

Who is rank 3 really?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2021.
  1. Wilder

26 vote(s)
    42.6%
  2. Povetkin

28 vote(s)
    45.9%
  3. Whyte

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. Ruiz

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. eltirado

eltirado Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 31, 2013
    For me it is

1. Tyson Fury
    2. Deontay Wilder
    3. Andy Ruiz
    4. Anthony Joshua
    Those who see it as Andy Ruiz #1 & Wilder #3 also have a case, but questionable:
    1. Andy Ruiz
    2. Tyson Fury
    3. Deontay Wilder
    4. Anthony Joshua

2. eltirado

Jul 31, 2013
    Most people who rank Andy Ruiz as #1 are those who rank Anthony Joshua highly, so it perspective

This content is protected

3. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    My top 10:
    1. Fury
    2, Joshua
    3. Wilder
    4. Povetkin
    5. Whyte
    6. Usyk
    7. Parker
    8. Ruiz Jr
    9. Hunter
    10. Joyce

Malph and eltirado like this.
  4. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Right now Andy is Buster Douglass in my view.
    Let him prove me wrong

Mr Icaman, kriszhao, taama and 2 others like this.
  5. eltirado

Jul 31, 2013
    Buster Douglas who is a great boxer himself, lost by KO 5 times

Andy Ruiz wiped the floor with Anthony Joshua in the first fight & Joshua proved Andy Ruiz is a real deadly threat by how cautious he boxed into safety in the rematch

You can bring Goebbels to come convince the peasants that Joshua is some how better than Andy Ruiz & it will not work...

Andy Ruiz will forever remain the owner of Anthony Joshua, mainly because Joshua will never be able to trade power shots with the mucho macho muncher, Ed Hearn is past this he is looking for maximum profit cash-out. Fury then Wilder...maybe one last try versus a 400lbs retired Andy Ruiz to milk Anthony Joshua of one more big payday

6. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Anyone who argues Wilder as lower than No. 3 can't be taken seriously. There's no argument in favor of anyone else. Whether he retains that spot is anyone's guess -- he's older and now inactive -- but for the moment still No. 3.

7. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I was mostly pin pointing the upset win with my comparison to Buster.
    I truly feel Andy will keep his fat line in check and his cardio up and prove me wrong.

I think AJ also viewed him as a cake walk and that is always dangerous in this corrupt sport we love.

8. Malph

Malph Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Good points. Ruiz performed so poorly in the second AJ fight though that he needs to work his way back in the mix. He might have made the worse showing of any HW champ in recent history.

With Ruiz, the questions are more about his discipline or lack there of than talent.

He has a new team, and at least looks like he is trying to do so. I hope it is real and he keeps it up.

If it is real, he will work his way back into the mix.

Bustajay likes this.
  9. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    No version of Ruiz will have good feet. He's ponderous in any case and always will struggle with taller boxers who can move. But at least he could improve his speed somewhat and definitely his conditioning.

I'd like to see him fight Wilder because Wilder can't approach it the way Joshua did. He'd be looking to land the right hand, with Ruiz slipping his way inside for combos. Would almost certainly end in a KO one way or another.

Malph likes this.
  10. _Scott_

_Scott_ Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Might be even #2 in reality. I doubt that the scared version of Joshua can take such a brutal right hand.

11. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Wilder despite does have good chin and right hand, doesn't have anything else besides good stamina.
    If he will improve, then.......

Because Ruiz lost belts in fight where he wasn't down not even once:D and before this had get belts via stoppage win, currently Ruiz looks above Wilder for sure.
    Because Wilder vs Fury had ended with suspicious hometown draw and then loss via stoppage.
    Ruiz vs A.J is 1-1 = stoppage win and loss on points while he never was down in this fight.
    Wilder vs Fury is 1-0-1 = suspicious draw in home country and loss via stoppage.

If Wilder had fought dudes like A.J etc, I had scored him higher even if he had lost these fights.

12. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Fury 2-0 Wilder actually. Fury was robbed in the first fight. The vast majority of the boxing world agree that fury won the first fight, regardless of the two knockdowns, Wilder won 1 round max besides the two knockdown rounds.

The fact that a qualified judge scored that 7 rounds to 5 in favour of Wilder is a ****ing joke.

Surrix likes this.
  13. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Like I've been saying for many moons now, Michael ''The Bounty'' Hunter Jr. is North-America's best HW and a cold-blooded fearless assassin in the ring. He already sonned Fat Andy in the amateurs and he would son The Tuscaloser in the pros too.

The Tuscaloser should have two losses to Fury in his own backyard and that was inactive muscle atrophied shell of Fury in the first fight who had no right being in the ring with anyone close to the top 10 and even though he baptized him in the rematch and beat the soul out of his body it was hardly a full strength version.

Wizbit1013 and Surrix like this.
  14. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    28 y.o Hunter was very interesting fighter: he had fought Usyk's prime version, Usyk later becomed absloutely undisputed in CW division with rare success: all 4 major world title belts, The Ring belt and boxrec No1, also had get Ali trophy.
    Hunter also had fought vs Povetkin.
    Interesting fighter.

Serge likes this.
  15. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Hunter is CW Level and therefore legit