show me your strength training routine

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Relentless, Feb 19, 2008.

1. younghypnotiq

younghypnotiq Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2007
    not rly. were did u hear about this?

2. El Puma

El Puma between rage and serenity Full Member

Jan 8, 2006
    :patsch :-:)-:)-(

3. Koa

Koa Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Cheerios? I ****ing love Cheerios :D.

Good source of carbs.

I did the pull ups like that because pull ups are part of our physical fitness test.. You max out on pull ups at 20 for a perfect score, thus that was my goal. 10-12 is just too easy.

You can gain mass, thats not the same as getting strong.

I knew guys that were around 170 lbs bench pressing well over 300 lbs. Still able to run 3 miles in under 18 mins, and able to reps of well over 20 pull ups. Its one thing to have a lot of muscular endurance, one thing to have a lot of size.. But, another thing to have muscular endurance and good strength.

4. younghypnotiq

younghypnotiq Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2007
    nah wat im aying is 8-12 helps get you big were as 1-7 and 13+ help you get strong with out getting huge

5. Koa

Koa Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Yeah.. I went to a high school that didn't have a wrestling team.. When I get in the Marines, there were a lot of guys that were high school wrestlers.. I used to think I was pretty strong until I saw these guys doing 20 pull ups with little effort, while I was busting my ass to get 20.

The majority of the ones I talked to said that in high school, the goal to work for was 40 reps! :admin

I thought they were ****ing around, but that seemed to be pretty normal for wrestlers trying to make weight and maintain strength.

6. joekirkbycobra

joekirkbycobra King Of The Ring Full Member

Jan 4, 2008
    :good

7. Ethan Trims

Ethan Trims Active Member Full Member

May 6, 2007
    for me personally when I hit my heavybag it feels more like a straight strength workout rather than an endurance one. My bag weighs around 115, so that might have a little to do with it.

8. joekirkbycobra

Jan 4, 2008
    should do both really depends how har and frequent you hit it

9. CMBoxer

CMBoxer Member Full Member

Apr 16, 2007
    I changed my exercise routine many times.
    Now all I do is shadowbox 3 minutes per round of up to 12 rounds if possible everyday if possible. In shadowboxing, i include ducking, slipping, bob & weave, throwing all punches and defense. This is the best workout I have.

I would prefer light sparring for many rounds and focus mitts but I don't have a partner.

10. joekirkbycobra

Jan 4, 2008
    have you joined a gym

11. Ethan Trims

Ethan Trims Active Member Full Member

May 6, 2007
    Yeah, but my problem is overloading my workout with too much strength training, injuries happen that way. The days im off power workouts, and instead working on endurance my workouts suddenly become straight power again. I may need to get a lighter bag strickly for endurance?? Just trying to find time to work deadlifts, pullups, sledgehammer against the tire hits, and heavybag hitting into my training, its tough.

Joey youre pretty much the new advisor in this forum now, huh:lol:, never saw your posts a month ago, now youre everywhere.

12. joekirkbycobra

Jan 4, 2008
    i no it appears that way:lol:
    i quess im kinda obsessed:D