Smith brothers and Joe Gallagher

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by jcairns1, Jan 20, 2023.

1. jcairns1

jcairns1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Noticed Paul Smith said in an interview yesterday that Joe and the Smiths don’t get along with each other, anyone know what happened ? Got to be more to it than just Liam and Callum leaving

SeanB1 likes this.
  2. phil rowe

phil rowe Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2018
    have you seen the way Joe Gallager acts?
    everyone will fall out with him eventually.

themaster999 and ipitythefool like this.
  3. jcairns1

Feb 3, 2011
    true, he’s a div but just wondered what had happened as Paul Smith used to be proper up his arse

SeanB1 likes this.
  4. Big Lou dog

Big Lou dog Member Full Member

Jul 3, 2021
    Seems to be that the majority end up going that way eventually with JG. Unhealthy intensity maybe but I think that’s what makes him a top trainer, even though it means his relationships have a shorter shelf life.

SeanB1 likes this.
  5. jcairns1

Feb 3, 2011
    Just curious because Paul has been retired a while and was helping Joe in the gym for a few years after so why would he fall out with Gallagher as well, plus when he split with the others they said it was amicable

6. DoubleG95Fanatic

DoubleG95Fanatic Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2021
    Always thought Joe came across well (in the interview I've seen of him anyway) looks dodgy as **** I can't lie.

7. BoxingAddick

BoxingAddick Active Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Well in Paul Smith you have ome of boxings most insecure blokes. I havent tagged him and no way of contacting him but wouldnt be suprised if he searches his own name. In Joe Gallagher you have a trainer who is very much a my way or highway type (possibly a bit arrogant), was always gonna end in tears.

8. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Must be fairly recent. On the Tris Dixon podcast I’m sure Paul was still full of praise for Joe Gallagher. I’m not sure how long ago that was recorded

jimmyonebomb and SeanB1 like this.
  9. SeanB1

SeanB1 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Sep 8, 2022
    I thought Liam was still with Joe. My knowledge shines through again. Can someone enlighten me re whi Smith is with? Ta

10. Big Lou dog

Big Lou dog Member Full Member

Jul 3, 2021
    Joe McNally

SeanB1 likes this.
  11. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Something to do with setting up their own gym and Joe G applied to the council to get in before the Smith Bros? I'm sure I read that somewhere but I could be wrong

They're all a gang of twaats. Not one likeable cnt out of the lot of them.

They all behave like bullies but then at the same time they preach to everyone about how down to earth and salt of the earth type of blokes they are.

Paul Smith the biggest cnt out of them all. Behaves like a schoolyard bully in interviews, gets into bed with Kinnyhan and Probellum, sees no wrong in that and then proceeds to talk about the poor working class people that Eubank was talking about. Shameless cnt.

12. SeanB1

SeanB1 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Sep 8, 2022
    Thank you

13. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Not sure the reason but imo the Smiths have an issue with h ok w they perceive JG treated one if them. The atmosphere never seemed right between them in the build up to Callum fighting Canelo. I know JG has since said he was against the fight as he said he told Callum Hearn is using you as an opponent, he is happy for you to have 6 weeks to get down to weight and prepare, it's not long enough. He said there was friction as he wanted Callum to have a full camp and have a chance of winning. I'm sure there's more than that to fall out. Maybe money around that fight. But we can only guess I suppose.

VanBasten likes this.
  14. jimmyonebomb

jimmyonebomb Active Member Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Anything I’ve seen of joe G in this build up he’s been complimentary of beefy? Boxing news have a feature on him analysing the fight this week and again seems complimentary about beefy

15. Beefy TKO4

Beefy TKO4 New Member banned Full Member

Jan 22, 2023
    they were super close for many years

Gallagher falls out with a lot of people for sure.