something is not right with floyd.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by reanthefox, May 1, 2015.

1. reanthefox

reanthefox Active Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2015
    have to admit, those anecdotal **** were funny though.

2. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Floyd is focussed and on point. The only person who looks off is Manny. He actually thanked Floyd at the weigh in!

3. idealista

idealista Active Member Full Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Floyd uses major tranquillizers, that is why he looks focused and it takes 5 minutes for him to finish simple sentence.

4. Mr. STRUGG

Mr. STRUGG Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 17, 2015
    floyd looked like a pregnant girl who's trying to maintain a brave front and whose about to cry. on the real.

5. loughlan

loughlan Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Floyd looked focused and professional. Pac looked like an excitable child who had way too much sugar.

Regardless, does anyone really think this fight will be won or lost as a result of weigh in nerves or how many screaming sheeple Manny brought with him?

How did Ricky Hatton do when he brought over half of Manchester?

The fight is won on the night in the ring not during the weigh in or staredown, and all this talk of fighter's demeanor and body language is pure bs.

6. punisher

punisher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 16, 2010
    They both looked nervous. They just handled it differently.

Manny giggled like a school girl eating bon bons and drinking sugar water, unable to look Floyd in his eyes. I have nothing against thanking God and having faith. But, this guy was on extra, with his Robert Guerrero impression. Or should I say...Robert Tildon. "God will deliber him into my hand." Well, Manny might become an atheist after tonight.

Floyd looked like a damn cigar store indian up there...stoic and as focused as we've ever seen him. But, under all that TMT gear he's sweating his as$ off. He has everything to lose from this fight, other than monetarily.

7. californicator

californicator Active Member Full Member

Feb 2, 2007
    word

8. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Hahaha!!! I love Holyfield but lets be real Manny doesn't head-butt lol.

9. Big-Business

Big-Business Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2013
    LOL...Focused lol:think.......He was worried and nervous..even lennox lewis said that about him when they had the fighters meeting! But it's ok....he just got beat mentally already, but he'll be ok!

10. Big-Business

Oct 17, 2013
    Actually your a fool...fight is won BEFORE the ring! 90% Mental 10% boxing

11. Big-Business

Oct 17, 2013
    You should buy some of these:admin...if you say he was "focused" and not worried and nervous! His was like a robot man lol

12. reanthefox

reanthefox Active Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2015
    like i said, floyd already knows if he is going to win decisively or lose badly just because of the presence of ariza in his camp (and also memo).

13. Big-Business

Oct 17, 2013
    I don't think it's ariza....I don't believe he thinks he's going to win to be honest...Not from a fan view just from a honest view! Did you hear Lennox Lewis them interview after they did the fighters meeting with him.....They all said the same things after the meeting about Floyd. They all think he was nervous and just want the money....which at this point he's at the end I don't think the "0" matters anymore!

14. punisher

punisher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Of course he was nervous. I said that. But, he was "focused" on the matter at hand.

Floyd has the confidence of being the bigger guy for once, in a very long time and believing he is stronger (which he is). Even though he is the betting favorite to win. He is not the fan favorite to win. He has a chip on his shoulder and something to prove because of that. He is not worried about winning the boxing match. Manny can't outbox him. Floyd wants to win the fight in spectacular fashion.

Manny looked intimidated. Being dodgy with his eyes and all that giggling was an attempt to hide it. It's very obvious. Pacquiao is used to hearing people say he is the guy that will take Floyd's 0, almost like it's preordained. He believes it is God's plan, more than he believes in his own ability to do it.

I'd give Floyd the edge in the stare down. Not that it means that much. Both these guys will perform under the lights.

15. markq

markq Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 26, 2010
    nervous :patsch scared :patsch

WTF were you guys born yesterday? He's been doing this for 20 years.

If anything, I think the crowd cheering for Manny bothered him since it was heavily pro-Pacquiao. After that he went into serious mode and the look he gives Manny is wait til tomorrow. The crowd was more one-sided than the Canelo fight. Either way, Pac won the weigh in, which is nothing more than fodder for his fan boys. No big deal.