Stevenson v Kovalev

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by DoubleG95Fanatic, May 19, 2023.

Stevenson v Kovalev

1. Stevenson

13.6%
  2. Kovalev

86.4%
  1. DoubleG95Fanatic

DoubleG95Fanatic Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2021
    Both at 175 and in their primes, who wins?

2. Willie Maeket

Willie Maeket The Mothership Connection Full Member

Jun 22, 2015
    Im not voting because Stevenson didn't believe in his abilities after a string of great wins and got Al Haymon lazy. No fighter from that era that ran to PBC is **** today. Kovalev gets the win on pure fortitude alone. In fact out of all the Soviet fighters from that wave ,Provodnikov, Golovkin, Lomachenko, Korobov,etc., Kovalev has the best record as far as competition goes. Yet even before he was exposed as a sociopath he got no credit for being a good fighter like the other who were killing cans and getting fantasy praise for "who they could've" beaten or whatever.

mono and jaytxxl like this.
  3. fencik45

fencik45 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2022
    Should have a third option. someone who almost always loses.....the fans.

4. CooperKupp

CooperKupp Jokic For MVP Full Member

Aug 28, 2022
    PRIME Krusher stops Stevenson inside of 9

5. theXshape

theXshape Active Member Full Member

Jun 29, 2011
    I always believed Kovalev would have KOed Stevenson and it has not changed, I think it would have ended like it did against Gvozdyk

6. Johnny1987

Johnny1987 Active Member Full Member

Sep 20, 2019
    Might sound really bad of me, but if Gvozdyk turned Stevenson into a vegetable …. Kova would turn him into ashes.

7. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Kovalev. Stevenson would have had a punchers chance though.

Silver likes this.
  8. jaytxxl

jaytxxl Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 1, 2010
    I always felt Kovalev was a sucker for those left hooks and probably would have gotten KO’d. But that doesn’t matter because Superduck didn’t believe in himself so screw it. The LHW has somehow fell under the radar with their crap due to the crap of the more popular WW division. But at least Floyd and Manny did fight and it’s looking like Errol vs Bud might happen. Roy Jones vs Daruisz Michalczewski, Kovalev vs Stevenson didn’t happen and it’s looking like Beterbiev vs Bivol won’t happen.