Taylor-Postol announced

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by PaddyGarcia, Apr 26, 2018.

1. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Totally agree m8. Wins over Matthysse, Mendy and Corley show his quality. Great fight can't wait. I don't think Josh is a big ticket seller, shame as great to watch. I don't think more than 5-6000 tickets get sold for this, which isn't fair but it's what I expect.

Scissors and pow like this.
  2. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Cant wait for this fight...i really rate Postol, rate Taylor even more though! That man is proving he will fight anyone..great match up.

Suspect.chin likes this.
  3. Neebur

Neebur Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Loads of tickets have been sold already.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  4. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    Maybe but has Taylor sold more than 2000-3000 seats in any of his bills do far ? I hope he sells out I really do, terrific fighter and this is a gr8 fight, I just don't think it sells more than 5-6000. I hope I am wrong

5. Blah

Blah Active Member Full Member

Mar 27, 2016
    Good fight. Cyclone will need the dolla if they lose the Frampton case. Josh will be off if they do.

6. Neebur

Jun 9, 2016
    Hopefully it will be close to a sell out. Not sure how much of the hydro he's getting though. He's only had 12 fights so it's unfair to have expected his past fights to be massive seller's. He'll end up a big ticket seller in Scotland. He's far too good and exciting to watch not to be imo. He's a breath of fresh air compared to watching a way past prime Ricky Burns and his skill level is way beyond that of Scott Harrison as well.

Amazing one likes this.
  7. hap

hap Member Full Member

Mar 28, 2015
    If he beats Postol he's going to perk up a lot of ears on a global level, perhaps not casuals at first but if he can perform successfully and consecutively in elite company then he'll dwarf Burns accomplishments and eventually his popularity.

To put it into perspective, Burns has never beaten a fighter as good as Postol in his entire career. I can't think of a 3 division champion with a more anorexic ledger. Don't get me wrong, I think highly of Burns. It takes immense fortitude to overachieve to the degree he did. Taylor has the potential to be a different animal.

If popularity was the prime goal over actual achievement Cyclone should have been screaming for a Burns match-up from the point he beat Davies.

Obviously all of the above is moot if Taylor gets turned out by Postol.

ryanm8655, DJN16 and Neebur like this.
  8. billy nelson

billy nelson the fighting scots gym Full Member

Jan 9, 2009
    We’re at the hydro in his last fight?
    There was 5-6 thousand there that night and this is a better fight by far with a top undercard

9. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I thought Postal was dead?

10. Amazing one

Amazing one Active Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Cryogenically frozen & brought back to be blown away by the Tartan Tornado.

Neebur likes this.
  11. Bridie mcmahon

Bridie mcmahon Active Member banned Full Member

Sep 10, 2015
    The iceman cometh...the iceman gets put back in the cooler.

Amazing one likes this.
  12. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    What are the undercard fights?

13. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    No but never looked near that amount on tv. I think it's a great fight really do, I would say the best away fighter in Scotland since Crawford Billy. I really hope Taylor pulls it of, real 50/50. Winner should be fighting for world title next. In fact seen many British fighters win world titles against weaker opponents this Postol.

14. Neebur

Jun 9, 2016
    Is it really a 50/50 fight through,? Great matchup and looks tough on paper but Taylor is going to decimate Postol.

15. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    I think when you have a guy who has beat several world class fighters and only lost to Crawford v a guy on way up who looks world class but who hasn't fought anywhere near that level as a pick um fight. Obviously Cyclone think Taylor will win, or their taking gamble for revenue purposes. I hope Taylor wins, he's capable and is gr8 to watch.