The Kevin Johnson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Max Thunder, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Yeah, my boxing IQ tends toward boxers throwing punches in a fight.

Not just taking punches for 10 rounds and trying to avoid a KO, and making no effort to win.

Call me crazy.

KeedCubano likes this.
  2. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    I'm neither fat, nor drunk, and I don't watch boxing in pubs.

I watch boxing in my home, in my friends' homes, or we all buy tickets and attend fights.

And I boxed as well. Finished second in the state tournament at 156 way back in 1980. And, I did it by "THROWING PUNCHES."

But you should feel more like Kevin Johnson now, since I've pummeled you for about a half hour and you've landed nothing in return.

So, maybe someone will start a thread about you someday.

LOL

3. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    You’re an old man talking **** online about a boxer well past his best who exceeded everyone’s expectations and lasted the distance against a dangerous far younger opponent. He boxed to the best of his abilities but you are intent on ridiculing him like the casual fan you are.

That’s all. I’m not in the slightest bit impressed by your “accomplishment” in 1980, Johnson would put you in a coma with a short jab.

4. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    The man is supposed to be back tomorrow in Germany but his opponent is still TBA.

5. Max Thunder

Apr 25, 2017
    "Probably the most durable heavyweight in the world is old Kingpin, isn't he?" responded Gorman to news of his new opponent. "He seems to have been in with everyone so it only seems right that I should fight him too because it will be another experience and another style.

"I know I have been training for a different style and have only had four or five days to prepare for it, but it will be another box ticked."

Gorman was fully intent on delivering a showreel KO in his first fight of the year, but realises the probability has diminished with Johnson being drafted in, but there remains the incentive of attempting to out-do his domestic rival.

"It will be very hard with him because he can be very defensive and only two people have stopped him. It will probably be a hard night's work but only time will tell and I've just got to stick to my boxing and do the business. I need to get the win, first and foremost, and come out unscathed and healthy.

"Of course that is the aim to better the outcome of Daniel, obviously. I'm not going in there to do the distance and I want to get him out of there, but I've just got to let my boxing do the talking."

6. BitPlayerVesti

BitPlayerVesti Boxing Drunkie Full Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Say what you like about him, but I've never had a dull dream watching his fights.

KeedCubano likes this.
  7. Max Thunder

Apr 25, 2017
  8. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    He earns future purses for going the distance. Prospects’ management value easy wins that provide valuable rounds of experience without risk of loss.

KO KIDD likes this.
  9. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    He gave vitali lots of problems with his jab, I seem to remember vitali looking way worse than Johnson by the end of it

10. Okin129

Okin129 ... Full Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Supreme journeyman.

KeedCubano and UnleashtheFURY like this.
  11. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Kevin Johnson and Dominick Guinn are this generation's Ross Puritty and Marion Wilson.

12. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    How about Guinn vs Johnson in a 15 rounder, my money’s on it going the distance and possibly a draw

13. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    A draw........That would be a very poetic outcome, two guys that are real survivors, that don't get stopped but aren't active enough to necessarily win.

14. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I am on board. He came along at a time when the division needed guys, with a willingness to fight anyone. I wish he would have been just a bit more active inside the ring, but it is easy to cast stones.

I wish he could spoil one more.

15. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Fought everyone but then he really didn't once he got in the ring.