The New and Improved Boxing on TV thread!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Wolf, Jul 9, 2011.

1. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    I prefer all BT sport coverage so much over those Sky monkeys.

Sonny1 and Brixton Bomber like this.
  2. manbearpig

manbearpig A Scottish Noob Full Member

Feb 6, 2009
    I just ****ing hate Jim Watts commentary. He adds nothing and his voice is annoying.

3. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Not really because it's all an act the fact he used to sell drugs never gets mentioned so alot of his fanboys probably don't know its all been covered up lol his found a easier way to make money he will still be trash

4. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    He retired months ago.

5. manbearpig

manbearpig A Scottish Noob Full Member

Feb 6, 2009
    That is fantastic news

6. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Why does it need to be mentioned? Haters only look to find the negatives rather than appreciating the positives.

Anthony Joshua isn't the first and won't be the last boxer or man to commit a crime and turn his life around.

Bernard Hopkins is hall of famer after leaving prison. Are we going to forever try and bring him down because he committed crimes.

We are human and humans make mistakes.

DJN16, S.K, Twentyman and 1 other person like this.
  7. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    You don't go from been a drug dealer to a humble guy even whyte was telling him to stop the act lol and the way he was talking to breazele when he didn't know he was been filmed and lol even in the ring he always tries to get cheap shots after the bell IMO his not a nice guy but a great actor and can't wait for fury to get under his skin even haye is good at it and the mask will slip

8. Cecil

Cecil Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 22, 2015
    I couldn't agree more.

9. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    The Matchroom Media Trained Humble One will always be known as a dealer

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  10. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    I thought Ian Darke was excellent in commentating on the fights, he told it as he saw it.

Not like today's shower!!

I can remember when Bruno fought Tyson, and after Bruno tagging Mike in the first Harry Carpenter screaming in to his mic "GET IN THERE FRANK" and then apologising later for his unprofessional commentary, as he should have remained unbiased, i think the whole nation screamed the same thing, because it was a real fight and emotions run high.

Remembering Reg Gutteridge when Eubank got smacked saying "That would have knocked his monacle out"!!

Again unbiased commentary.

They were fight fans for the fans and told it how it should be told...

11. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    The funny thing about the Carpenter call was that the fight was broadcast on a delay the next day so they could have edited it out easily.

Sky need to up their game especially with the regular fight nights and NXT GEN cards.

12. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Yea AJ saying "stay humble" all the time is the most obvious con of all. Genuinely humble people don't even realise they're humble, it's a natural human trait that subtly comes across in the way someone speaks or lives their life. The very fact that AJ not only thinks that of himself, but rams it down people's throat every five minutes, contradicts the whole thing. He's a Sky Sports fabrication, from his boxing ability to his personality, that's just not for me.

My hope is that Fury exposes AJ for both his limited boxing ability, and indeed his fake persona.

13. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    AJ conducts himself like a professional, I don't see why the is a bad thing?

14. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    I find this post absurd coming from a hatton fan lol

dellboi94 and Sir Will Wigan like this.
  15. Ty577

Ty577 Member banned Full Member

Aug 13, 2017
    They even lie about his Preferred Nationality,his Heritage and Descent in General.They never mention his Nigerian Links when it is a quite important point in the Anthony Joshua Story.From the Olympics to what fuels him now.Sky also love to make everything a Country v Country thing,almost to stir up something,when watching the Brook-Spence fight again how many times did Adam Smith say "the American this,the American that" "the Brit is winning"Jesus Wept it's a fight between two boxers not two countries.