The real Tony Bellew

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Canning, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Canning

Canning Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Spitting as well he's a complete bellend

This content is protected

2. Chuck Wepner

Chuck Wepner Member Full Member

May 10, 2016
    WTF! How stupid is this respectful family man who hates swearing? True colours right there. If that's him then fine but stop pretending to be Mother Teresa's cousin.

Canning likes this.
  3. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Oh no not football banter.

Your really scraping the barrel here.

SnatchBox likes this.
  4. Canning

Apr 21, 2015

No mate you can't put this down to banter he's a public figure and self proclaimed role model family man etc he knew he was being filmed and still thought it was acceptable to spit at and shout abuse at fellow Liverpudlians then asks them to get behind him when he fights lol

joe brown and mofo2 like this.
  5. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Are you autistic and not good with things like context? Or just thick? Or just a troll with an agenda?

Decy, SnatchBox and Twentyman like this.
  6. Canning

Apr 21, 2015
    Grow up

7. impacted

impacted Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Nobody in their right mind bought the Sky-Matchroom attempts to portray Bellew as some noble gentleman of the sport, surely?

8. Canning

Apr 21, 2015

@bladesman did lol

9. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Bellew was having a laugh, some might not find it funny and that fine but it wasn't that serious.. For example a career long Liverpool player Jamie Carragher is a good friend of Bellews and was in the dressing room straight after the Haye fight.

It is very different in Liverpool, it isn't like Tottenham Vs Arsenal for example.

Family members who support both Liverpool and Everton will go to derby matches and stand next to each other, it's not that spiteful between those two clubs, it's a healthy rivalry.

SnatchBox likes this.
  10. Canning

Apr 21, 2015

Looked pretty aggressive there shouting and spitting then allowing the clip to be put up is just stupid he's a public figure clearly the Sky image is just fake

11. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I think this public figure rubbish has to stop, he is a fighter, he isn't a role model and if you're a parent who's child/children have Bellew as a role model then in my personal opinion you are failing as a parent.

I have to ask you, how old are you? And do you go in pubs and have you ever been to a football match? Because you seem rather precious.

I personally wouldn't regard that as aggressive, was he being a moby? Yeah, but he was driving past in a car mouthing off, now if he got out the car and confronted a random stranger and started spitting and shouting then I'd definatley agree. It really wasn't venomous.

12. Ilesey

Ilesey ~ Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    I am simply outraged at this.

13. Canning

Apr 21, 2015

Its one thing to think something or to say it in private but it's a whole new level of stupidly to say it on video when you know it will cause offence the mans an idiot

14. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Tony was always foul mouthed, aggressive, unpredictable and outspoken certainly since i've known him in boxing. I'd only imagine he's far worse off camera. Look how he set up the Haye fight. Some of the things he has said in the past have been Tyson Fury level its just people ignored him because he wasn't relevant.

15. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    U want sum?

N17 likes this.