The return of Bradley Saunders

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by BoxingNL, May 26, 2017.

1. BoxingNL

BoxingNL Dutch P4P Champion Full Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Bradley Saunders seems te be returning. He's listed on a Sky card on the 23 June.

I though he was decent and would go for a European title before he got outworked by Garrido and showed to be a sore loser after getting himself disqualified on purpose.

I wonder if he can come back stronger then before, because he seemed to have the talent but not the mindset to become a Euro level fighter.

2. billy nelson

billy nelson the fighting scots gym Full Member

Jan 9, 2009
    One of the most naturally gifted fighters I've had training in my gym

3. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Nah not for me, well it depends what his ambitions are, if he wants to earn a couple of quid then fine but at 31 years old and looking at that last performance I'm not seeing what all the fuss I say about.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  4. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    As Billy said, hes was a great natural talent but not living the life does catch up with you and the natural talent will start diminishing.
    Then the self belief is the next to go which is what we saw in yhe fight where Bradley was disqualified.
    Its well known he likes to party.
    I cant see him doing anything

5. The Devil

The Devil Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Too late in the day for Saunders to do anything significant in professional boxing now, much like Frankie Gavin. Another case of 'what could have been...'

6. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Saunders had a very tough amateur career. I believe he was past his best before turning professional.

7. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    shame he isnt the most naturally gifted fighters in the ring. Seriously saunders had no defence at all. he thought he could outhustle everyone....

8. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    I remember watching one of his fights, when he was training with Billy. Looked really good, but then watched him fight after when he wasn't with Billy and he was so bad in comparison looked like a different fighter.