~~~The Scott Quigg Steamroller!!!~~~

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by ishy, Feb 19, 2010.

1. daveyboy1609

daveyboy1609 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 6, 2009
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBO37TZn08o[/ame]

Le Knockdown gents

2. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Just saw in todays MEN that Quigg is being lined up for the WBA international title against an unnamed opponent in September. He should also be in line for a shot at the british title and is ranked number 3 in europe.

3. ishy

ishy VIP Member Full Member

Mar 9, 2008
    :bump

Just won again

4. ed7890

ed7890 Col. Hunter Gathers Full Member

Apr 4, 2009
    He looked very good tonight, handy little fighter.

5. paddymickey

paddymickey Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 5, 2008
    That knock down was very very dodgey. Even the commentators remarked on how it wasnt even a clean shot. I didn't see the glvoes make contact at all. It was actually pathetic looking.

6. EnglishWay

EnglishWay KO King 2010 Full Member

Feb 14, 2010
    it defo wasn't a clean hit and i expected him to get up but oh well..

7. royalt0208

royalt0208 Boxing Addict Full Member

May 1, 2009
  8. Guy

Guy Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 15, 2008
    That knockdown was very strange, slow motion at 22:39 mins.
    Grazed the top of his head no more.

9. royalt0208

May 1, 2009
    Basic analysis.

Quigg looks like he has a decent defence (easier to tell when he steps up in class) moves his head and feet well. He got caught by a decent shot in the second and Allione went after him throwing punches in bundles but Scott made him miss every single shot.

Scott doesn't counter enough for me, he can make a fighter miss nicely but he doesn't seem to counter at all and he doesn't cover up the body great either. I think this might cause him some problems when he faces a good pressure fighter who will try and sit in the hole and throws punches in bundles.

Throws a decent combo, has good timing and is good at following a game plan.

That KO is dodgy as ****, the Argie goes down like he's bin shot and once they finish the 10 count he get's up and a minute later he is waving to the crowd completely fine. But what I don't get is if this was a bet scam why didn't he go down after one of those more hurtful punches from Quigg, he landed far better punches then that :huh

10. kosaros

kosaros Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 21, 2008
  11. TFFP

TFFP The Eskimo

Nov 28, 2007
    Argie obviously been paid off. Maybe by people in the UK but prob by people in Argentina - to go down in that round.

12. royalt0208

May 1, 2009
    Probably but I don't get why he went down from that shot, Quigg landed better shots before that but even those weren't exactly concussive.
    If you're going to do a scam like that why not just let the fighter smash you in the face full force and no one will question it and you can take you're money, no need to take the **** like this. I hope he doesn't get his money that was a farce.

The only redeeming light was that before that he posed a different challenge to Quigg and I'm sure he got some decent experience from those first two and a half rounds.

13. TFFP

TFFP The Eskimo

Nov 28, 2007
    Dunno, maybe paniced realizing he had to go down in the round. God knows.

14. EnglishWay

EnglishWay KO King 2010 Full Member

Feb 14, 2010
    or maybe the Argie just had enough and wanted out of there its better to go down then just give up and say im out.

15. TFFP

TFFP The Eskimo

Nov 28, 2007
    Whatever happened Scott is looking very good at the moment. He's not rushing anything, and is fundamentally pretty sound. He's only young so he's going to get much stronger and more powerful as well as developing his game.

Mr Bellew could actually have a look at Quigg at the moment. Quiggy barely threw a power punch in the first round. It's that sort of patience and discipline to work the openings you need as a fighter.