THE WAR ZONE II: Revisiting Classics, Revisited (It's Just Like Déjà Vu All Over Again!)

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, May 31, 2019.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    As of now LaPaglia vs. Collins has 3 votes, Harada vs. Medel I has 2, and Rahman vs. Puritty has 1... if the positions don't change it'll probably end up being those, in that order, and then a crap shoot from there.

2. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Currently in 4th place (tied for 3rd with Rahman vs. Puritty technically, but chronology will be a tiebreaker here, first come first served) is López vs. Rossman ...

3. Saad54

Saad54 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Lopez v. Rossman is a great choice.

Hill v. LaLonde not so much.

Hill was past it and Lalonde was light years past it. That was a gimmick matchup kind of like Camacho v. Leonard, Camacho v. Duran and Duran v. Pazienza. I didn't fall for any of those PPV gimmick fights at the time and smartly saved a lot if $$.

4. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    The fight itself being meaningful or not in the context of the division and either guy being past it or not doesn't preclude it from having ended up being an interesting fight. Which it was (IMO).

5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    ...and, one final lap upstairs...

6. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    LaPaglia-Collins has my vote, but of the list I've only seen 2 others. I'm really liking the idea and parameters of these two threads. Im gonna go down the list after work and watch all the ones I havent seen between the two threads. Good stuff @IntentionalButt!

7. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Great minds think alike, brother.

8. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Goddamn it!!!!!!!!!! :BangHead:

When I put this up a few weeks ago, I specifically made sure to confirm that each bout on the poll was currently available online in a form that could embed (YouTube or DailyMotion) or at the very least be hyperlinked to (ie Vimeo).

I swear, Rahman vs. Puritty was on either YT or DM then...but appears to be no longer. :ohno

That has gotten the second most votes, and so was going to be "on deck" as installment #2 after LaPaglia vs. Collins (which, yes, is already in the works :D) but...might have to be at least temporarily bypassed in favor of López vs. Rossman unless somebody knows of a place where Rock vs. Boss is actively uploaded?

9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    It was part of a curated YouTube playlist of Rock's fights...and for some reason in that month between me starting this new WZ thread in late May and then looking for it again in late June a couple of weeks ago, it was deleted along with Rahman vs. Marshall Tillman and Trevor Berbick.

[yt]QlxUnrgb5tk[/yt]
    [yt]fzh8cMAvQYk [/yt]
    [yt]loCBnjwzqa0[/yt]

...but like...

This content is protected

Who's laying copyright claims on random heavyweight matches from over two decades ago? :thinking:

Anyway, that is horribly inconvenient for me personally - not to mention a shame for any super-fans of Hasim or just HW boxing historians that might have appreciated those staying up for posterity. Does anybody know either a) somewhere the Puritty fight is uploaded that I'm failing to find on Google, or b) how to identify & contact the original account that uploaded a deleted video, to ask why and if they can re-up it?

10. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Well, if no re-upload of Rahman vs. Puritty appears by the weekend, I guess I'll have no choice but to skip over it and pick either Harada vs. Medel or López vs. DePiano to do next. :nusenuse:

(for the record, that isn't the only copy of the heavyweight fight to have been on YT at some point only to mysteriously disappear. There was another with a distinct URL in 2014:
    This content is protected
    )

11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
  12. OvidsExile

OvidsExile At a minimum, a huckleberry over your persimmon. Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
    I'd send a PM to one of our members who puts old fights up on youtube and ask them if they have it or know someone who does. Flea man, Hhascup, The Great A, Reznick, etc.

13. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Cheers, man. In the meantime I'll just keep going down the list, and Rock vs. Boss can have a sort of "emeritus" status - as soon as I am made aware it's become available somewhere, it'll jump the line and be next. :thumbsup:

14. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Programming note: I had already done most of the legwork on Harada vs. Medel I and was about to put the finalizing touches on it and publish today...but with the news breaking of what transpired yesterday, I've got to punt it to next week to make room for a special edition. Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker vs. Diosbelys "Oriental Kid" Hurtado, 1/24/97 - coming up sometime tonight or tomorrow...

15. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006