Tommy Coyle is totally punch drunk in this interview

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CutThroatFade, Oct 20, 2018.

1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    This content is protected

Quite ironic since at the beginning he's talking about getting out of boxing "with his faculties intact" and "before he starts slurring his words".

He sounds like he's five shots in on a night out.

ryanm8655, N17, pow and 1 other person like this.
  2. marty

marty Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 20, 2008
    He sounds ok

Suspect.chin likes this.
  3. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    OK for a boxer or OK for a human being? He sounds neither to me. Listen to the first two minutes, he genuinely sounds like you would five shots down at the pub. Compare his speech to people like Bellew, Chisora, Haye, Khan, Groves, Eubank Sr.... I could keep going. Tons of fighters who have been in wars but who don't slur. Tommy Coyle is quite simply punch drunk by any normal person's standards.

4. hitandhope

hitandhope Well-Known Member Full Member

May 2, 2009
    Every fight he's had that's gone two or three rounds he's managed to get smacked in the head by the best punches his opponent has. It adds up.

5. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Ive got the polish american to pull out the upset. Beating Dodd means nuffink!

N17 and CutThroatFade like this.
  6. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    It was an excellent interview, he came across well. In saying that I have to say he did sound punch drunk to me. It's a shame as you here the story of why he has more confidence in his boxing ability and he has just put in a career best performance. In his last fight and against Derry Mathews until he switched off and got knocked out he boxed brilliantly. So he definetly has boxing skills.

Here's Johnny likes this.
  7. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    And he is going bald

CutThroatFade likes this.
  8. Snowy1989

Snowy1989 Active Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Agree with the the OP, Definitely doesn't sound too clever in that interview. If you're thinking about retiring then it's time to retire.

He's done a great job setting up a couple of academies in Hull and given boxing fans plenty of entertaining fights. Sure he's got a few quid in the bank if nothing spectacular. Time to hang em up.

im sparticus, N17 and CutThroatFade like this.
  9. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    Yeah I enjoyed the part of the interview where he was speaking about Frampton telling him he has a great jab.

moog likes this.
  10. Tony Belloo

Tony Belloo Member Full Member

Jul 27, 2018
    Yep one or two times in the first 2 minutes where I can't make out what he's saying.

Either way he needs to smarten up Hearn has took this guy for a ride by telling him he would get him a 'big fight" in America and instead he's given a 10 rounder lol.

11. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Seen Jamie Moore said he sparred Frampton and Frampton jamp out at end and said why the **** dont you box like that all the time when you fight Tommy and the penny dropped after that as he realised if a world class fighter thought that it must be true. This was about 10 weeks before the fight with Dodd, were he boxed Dodds head off.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  12. Draperys

Draperys Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2017
    This content is protected

13. Sturm

Sturm Member Full Member

Oct 29, 2017
    This is the first interview iv heard him in so have nothing to compare against, but I agree with cuthroatfade. Health comes first he should call it a day

14. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Khan has sounded slurry in many interviews. The short term effect takes place after sparring. It goes then slowly over a few months, the long term effect is unknown at this point. Getting punched in the head is no joke. Credit to these guys stepping in the ring but they should not take unnecessary punishment if its clear to everyone that they should hang up their gloves. A few hundred k paydays is not worth the effects later on in life when you effectively become a cabbage.

hitandhope and 305th like this.
  15. Camaris

Camaris Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I'm not sitting here delighting in it in any way... but if you think he "sounds ok" I'm worried about what's normal for you!

Clearly punchy and I'm sorry to see it. Hope he stops.

hitandhope likes this.