Tonight’s Sky Show

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by aaaaa, Jun 11, 2022.

1. Astro

Astro Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    Boxxer / Sky Sports boxing event last night was not very exciting, but I can easily imagine that Caroline Dubois will be co main event feature within 12 to 18 months. She´s got X Factor.

2. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Claressa Shields' cheerleader, she's pathetic.

aaaaa likes this.
  3. Astro

Sep 29, 2021
    I do not agree with that. If Boxxer builds her up the right way then she can get really big.

4. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Jonas a permanent fixture on the commentary team, Mikaela Mayer flown over at every opportunity, crap like April Hunter on main cards... Shalom is a proper feminist aint he. This photo below made me cringe. It’s like he’s trying to be boxing’s version of Charlie’s Angels.

This content is protected

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    Big John Furry, KingKO and rezzer like this.
  5. Murderers' Row

Apr 23, 2020
    No female boxer will ever get "really" big. Not even Katie Taylor considering it's absolute shite.

Gregor1987, KingKO and aaaaa like this.
  6. Murderers' Row

Apr 23, 2020
    He's not even wearing a suit the scruffy gobshite.

VanBasten and aaaaa like this.
  7. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    British boxing is in a right state at the moment.

8. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    It’s awful mate. Talent pool has dwindled but the amount of promotional companies has more than doubled so the cards are shocking as everything is spread thin. I know we all hammer him on here but Hearn’s run from 2015-19ish blinds the utter shyte we get served today.

VanBasten, rezzer and DramaShow like this.
  9. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    To be fair, Boxxer are growing and learning all the time. I think Ben is quite dull but with Sky behind him and their experience I have no doubt they will continue to be the front runner on the UK scene. Clearly where they are at the moment is the building stage - they are trying to build the next star who can transition to PPV - whilst no one stands out on their roster I would imagine it wont be too long until they have one.

10. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Surely with the budget they have which Is massive and a lot bigger than BTs ever was. Surely they should have some headliners. Frank got Warrington and fury pretty quickly.
    Boxxer have lost all the promotional free agents to probellum or wasserman.
    Signed higher fury who struggled to sell on free tv as a headline fight for a world title.

then signed and Australian and American who are hardly household names in the UK or big sellers.

unless he gets Whyte, BJS or someone of note soon then questions have to be asked. Can’t have a whole stable of pure prospects. He’s only got a deal for 4 years. By the time they are headliners his deal could be up

11. Astro

Sep 29, 2021
    Do you think Eddie Hearn / Matchroom delivers a good product to DAZN UK in relation to the money they pay ?

Do you think that DAZN feels they are getting value for money ?

12. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Could have more quantity of shows. Given they are not far off breaking even. I think DAZN are happy. Wouldn’t be laying out $100m on another Hearn venture if they weren’t