Trinidad vs Canelo

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by RJJFan, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Cobra33

Cobra33 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Dont like Canelo but he stops Felix.

Bustajay likes this.
  2. yeyo monster

yeyo monster Boxing Addict Full Member

May 4, 2012
    I have Tito by ko! Canelo couldn’t hurt cotto and that fight was very close

Bonecrusher and aaalbert like this.
  3. panchman69

panchman69 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2012
  4. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    What a great matchup. At 154 I think Tito wins, at 160 and as Canelo has improved and hit his peak, I could see him edging it there.

Bustajay and George Crowcroft like this.
  5. wutang

wutang Active Member Full Member

Mar 10, 2012
    I think he wasnt quite in it anymore in his comeback. I agree he would have been beaten quite soundly by canelo if he had faced him in his comeback. He looked good in the mayorga fight but that' because his style is taylor made for tito. I dont know who that was in the wright fight, his hair was weird and he wasnt near as determined as he had been in the past, he used to have a look in his eye like he was eagerly trying to kill his opponent, maybe wright just had that effect on him or maybe his heart wasnt in it anymore. The jones fight didnt even make sense either, that was just a money grab, he wasnt even a part time boxer at that point.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    Serge likes this.
  6. Eel87

Eel87 Active Member Full Member

Nov 10, 2014
    The Wright and Jones fights don't count to me, he was done by then.
    I'd pick Canelo by decision. I'm more of a Tito fan though and would like to be wrong.

Bustajay likes this.
  7. wutang

wutang Active Member Full Member

Mar 10, 2012
    Yeah I feel you. I dont even dislike canelo, I think I'm just a contrarian that remembers the aura of invincibility surrounding trinidad around the turn of the millennium.

8. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    I was gonna say, GGG ain't that ordinary, where a career welter will just come in and make easy work of GGG's toughest task.

9. eltirado

eltirado Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Tito doesn't appreciate financial incentives & strategic planning, so he destroys Ginger in an Autistic manner....No rematch or rubber match

This content is protected

Bonecrusher and wutang like this.
  10. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Worst Poster of 2015 Full Member

Oct 30, 2011
    I haven't read any posts on this thread but I'm pretty sure the haters are gonna back Trinidad and fanboys gonna back Canelo.

I've seen all the bouts of both fighters and I just don't see how Canelo wins this match up, he doesn't hold any physical advantages vs Trinidad and I just think it's a bad style match up for him. I really see him getting beat up in this bout towards a late round TKO.

Bonecrusher likes this.
  11. eltirado

Jul 31, 2013
    • Trinidad Undefeated in Welterweight 16 of them Title fights
    • Ginger got schooled by a smaller Mayweather who had harder fights vs Maidana/Castillo
    Obviously the original poster started this thread to abuse Ginger & we fell for it, but Canelo is a financial success story & made more money than Trinidad...if that helps, in Boxing Tito gives him the same treatment he gave undefeated Yory Boy Campas & undefeated Fernando Vargas

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    Bonecrusher likes this.
  12. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Lol

22JM and eltirado like this.
  13. eltirado

Jul 31, 2013
    • Welterweight De La Hoya would have humiliated Canelo
    • Lightweight Mayweather would have humiliated Tank Davis

aaalbert likes this.
  14. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Lightweight Mayweather is one of the best to ever lace them up.

Welterweight DLH was coming in around 160 on fight night.

Welterweight DLH would be too small for MW Canelo.

If Sturm was too big for MW DLH, Canelo who is more skilled, more talented, much faster, and more powerful than Sturm would man handle DLH.

eltirado and Dance84 like this.
  15. eltirado

Jul 31, 2013
    This fight was at Welterweight (Canelo was Ring/WBC Welterweight champion), De La Hoya as his promoter might say this to keep the 8 ball rolling, but Welter De La Hoya was taller, rangier, faster, better looking & more skilled (Olympic GOLD MEDAL) than Canelo

As os Storm outsizing Oscar at 160, Canelo is not a 6 foot Dalmatian model, he is a well-promoted Latinized Micky Ward