Tyson Fury on This Morning

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by DavidC77, Mar 4, 2020.

1. DavidC77

DavidC77 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2018
    I feel for anyone with mental health issues and in openly discussing his own problems, Fury has become an inspiration to a lot of people.

2. DavidC77

Aug 30, 2018
    Fury's dad cracked me up when he turned to the camera and said 'Now believe in John Fury!'

:roflmao:

KingKO and Hattonmad like this.
  3. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    It's not new or uncommon in Boxers. In his excellent book, Fighters, James Morton shows quotes and evidence of Freddie Mills and Randy Turpin going through the same emotions.

4. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I thought grabbing his bollocks and saying "that's what come out of these balls" was even funnier :D Me and the missus were in fits laughing. He's a headcase!! A very proud man and why wouldn't he be.

Think about the emotions fans go through. Imagine it was your son/brother/husband in there. That's why you can understand their calls for retirement. Personally, I'd be happy for him to have two more big fights and retire. It's not long ago he looked like never fighting again and people said the Klitschko performance was a fluke.

Heisenberg and Jurgen like this.
  5. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Frankie Warden grabbed his bollocks as well ringside screaming 'Tony Troll came out of these balls'

Inglis_1 and Hattonmad like this.
  6. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Frank: “Tony, I am your father!
    Tony: “Noooooooooooooooo”

7. Hattonmad

Jan 5, 2009
    Read a funny article with Andy Lee there. He said Tyson was up to all sorts in camp. Limping out of the gym after training, faking various injuries etc to see what leaked out of camp. He said he was very concerned about a bicep injury one day but when they got home, Fury said he was only messing :D Lee said he was constantly playing mind games with Wilder. In every interview he was making things up to play with Wilder's head.

Deew and Jurgen like this.
  8. DavidC77

Aug 30, 2018
    Overall, I found the first two episodes more interesting and the meeting and subsequent chat Fury had with the guy who asked to have his photo taken with him seemed completely staged to me.

9. DavidC77

Aug 30, 2018
    I've read that book but I don't remember that being covered.

I'll have another look.

The Tragedy of Randolph Turpin by Jack Birtley is another excellent book.

pow and Twentyman like this.
  10. Hattonmad

Jan 5, 2009
    It did look staged ha ha.

11. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    You need to stand firm mate and make no concessions to Tony Troll who will squeeze out the last drop of Anti-Fury Milk.

It was just a coincidence this young lad from Milton Keynes was out cycling in the Lancashire countryside and spotted Fury at a very remote location while filming was underway.

If it was staged, the young lad would have been sent away with 12 bottles of beer and a Gypsy King Goody Bag.

Hattonmad likes this.
  12. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Fury 2.0 has massively gained my respect. I wasn’t a fan of the style he boxed to beat Klitschko and I really couldn’t take to his personality. He still talks a lot of old bollocks and has somehow been given a free pass for the whole nandrolone episode but he is the real deal and the established no 1 at heavyweight.

Twentyman, Hattonmad and Jurgen like this.
  13. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Enjoy the living legend mate - the greatest comeback in and out of the ring.

All except Tony Troll delighted with his success and people will be talking about the legend of the Gypsy KIng long after we are all gone.

Hattonmad likes this.
  14. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    He should avoid this stuff. All the shite the media have called him for having pretty normal (in some cases) views. I’d **** them all right off he doesn’t need them. Let’s be honest if he’s talking about the mental health stuff, it was convenient and unproven but that has been done to death in another thread.

15. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Didn't see anything untoward during the this morning interview I thought him and Paris came across really well. Tyson seemed to have gotten over his homophobia and was totally at ease taking to Phil.