Tyson Fury ..when will he pull out?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Degale, Nov 14, 2018.

1. EX7EY

EX7EY YDKSAB Full Member

Dec 7, 2017
    You've just completely made that up pal because there are multiple places in Manchester that are going to be screening it.

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Loads of pubs are staying open late and screening it.

CutThroatFade and Potwash like this.
  3. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Yeah loads of places around London are screening it too, Brighton also got a couple of screenings...its a big fight. Loads of people talking about it.

Dont know why people are so obsessed with ticket/ppv sales anyway leave that to the promoters and fighters...i havent been excited for a heavyweight fight like this for ages!!

TEAM FURY!!!

4. EX7EY

EX7EY YDKSAB Full Member

Dec 7, 2017
    People care because they have been brain washed by Eddie Hearn. They are more interested in numbers than the actual event. It's very bizarre.

The PPV buys are obviously going to suffer from a UK perspective because of the time difference. It basically eliminates the casual element (i.e AJ fans), Hearn and co know this though which is half the reason they are desperate to have AJ Wilder in the UK.

If you really like boxing and follow it properly you'll be watching the fight (or a repeat if you can't stay up for it) and you wouldn't care less if they do 1 PPV and fight on the street.

Potwash and Sephiroth Rising 7 like this.
  5. EX7EY

EX7EY YDKSAB Full Member

Dec 7, 2017
    And for what it's worth, I think Fury is going to absolutely school Wilder on Saturday. It's the Klitchsko fight unfolding all over again, nobody thinks he can do it and that's his motivation.

Wilder will barely land a glove for 12 rounds, it's going to be a clinic.

Potwash and Twentyman like this.
  6. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    People aren't 'obsessed' with PPV sales; they're just a talking point within the entire boxing universe. Rightly or wrongly they're a natural talking point regarding this fight.

7. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Good thing I don't give a toss so long as the fight happens.

8. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    They're a talking point only because people parrot and live inside matchroom and Eddie Hearn's backside

When Klitschko fought Fury no one gave a damn about how many tickets were being sold because rightly we were only concerned what would happen in the fight.

Potwash, CutThroatFade and Hattonmad like this.
  9. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    They were a topic of discussion before Eddie was anywhere near the scene in fairness.

10. EX7EY

EX7EY YDKSAB Full Member

Dec 7, 2017
    No @TonyHayers , sorry but I disagree. People only give a damn because it's all Eddie bangs on about on IFL these days. Numbers this, splits that. It's all to the detriment of the sport to be honest.

It's getting to the point now where if Eddie Hearn is telling IFL viewers an event won't do the numbers then people immediately dismiss it as trash and don't feel the need to watch it.

I really could not care less what numbers it does. I watch the fight I don't sit their totting up how many people are in the crowd. Boxing is the type of sport where you are ALWAYS going to have some boxers with a huge following and others with a minimal following, regardless of how good they are. It's the nature of boxing fandom so I don't understand the obsession over it and when it starts becoming a barrier to making fights i.e AJ vs Wilder then it's high time it was put a stop to.

11. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    Perhaps one of the reasons why people obsess about it, as you say, is that it's relevant to discussions about why certain fights don't happen?

Example - nobody who likes boxing would rather Joshua Wilder didn't happen than did happen. What is stopping it happening? Finances. What is the best way to work out how much a fighter is worth? Ticket sales, PPV sales, viewers. Basically, people willing to stump up cash in one way or another to watch someone box.

So if we are trying to have a sensible, (and by that, I mean none of this 'fighter A is terrified of fighter B' rubbish) discussion about, say, Joshua Wilder, these things inevitably become part of the discussion.

12. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    Of course there was the odd thread disclosing how well as fight sold post event but never to the extent that we had a multitude of goonish posters making full length breakdowns on why certain fights shouldn't happen due to ticket sales and popularity.

There are morons on here who were willfully hoping that this fight between Wilder and fury didn't happen.

So many were it was all just a problem stunt and looking to clutch onto any old murmur from a two bob hack claiming they heard that the fight was called off, such was their desperation that a big fight outside matchroom wouldn't ever happen again.

These are not boxing fans they are hipster casual bandwagon *******s who would probably fork out thousands to buy Joshua used underwear off eBay if Eddie Hearn told them there was value in them.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    Hattonmad likes this.
  13. EX7EY

EX7EY YDKSAB Full Member

Dec 7, 2017
    But that's only because the promoters ram it down everyone's throats and use it as an excuse to not make the fights. End of the day how many boxers ever get the status Anthony Joshua has reached? 1%? So reaching those dizzy heights is a privilege in my opinion, it doesn't mean you're 'over paying' opponents as Hearn likes to put it.

We're slightly off topic here really but it's a shame that boxing fans are more becoming cheer leaders for promoters more than genuine fans of the sport.

Twentyman likes this.
  14. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    Put it this way.

Amir Khan can boast better numbers than Spence, Crawford, Thurman and Brook combined, yet we know he is always going to get his chin smashed into pieces and will never be on their level.

15. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    Is it an excuse for not making fights? Or is it a legitimate reason for not making fights?

It's easy to say 'just make the fight.' But there isn't a bottomless pit of money. If Wilder says 'I want £x' and Hearn says 'no chance because your ticket sales are weak, you're viewing figures are weak, and you're blatantly not worth what you're suggesting you are' then isn't he possibly correct? As boxing fans we don't care and don't have to pretend to care about the financial figures involved; plenty of people don't get involved. But boxing fans will very much care if the big fights don't get made.