Undercard for Parker Fury fight

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by ipitythefool, Aug 28, 2017.

1. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Jimmy Kelly fighting Bulgaria’s Stiliyan Kostov for the vacant WBO Inter-Continental super-welterweight belt is the chief support.

Also on undercard is Josh Wale v Don Broadhurst and Joe Murray v Matty F agan

This dazzling undercard on top of the mouth watering clash between Fury and Parker as well as the wonderful promotion from Mick Hennessy I can't think why this isn't a sell out already.

(no sarcasm honest)

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/chief-support-announced-for-joseph-parker-vs-hughie-fury/

mcvey likes this.
  2. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    kelly is trash didnt win his last fight got a gift win

broadhurst boring fighter

murry had a great knockout win but he never fights

poor card

ipitythefool likes this.
  3. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    What is one of Britain's best prospects doing with Mick Hennessy? A bloody heavyweight title fight in Britain and this is what Mick can muster? It's a bloody disgrace. I hope this fight actually happens but my God Mick is a disaster.

mcvey likes this.
  4. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Doubt this card even happens

ipitythefool likes this.
  5. rezzer

rezzer Active Member Full Member

Feb 11, 2009
    What I don't understand is, I know NZ is a small country, but Parker obviously sells tickets there, he's PPV there, he must be a big star there, so what's he doing here, fighting in a half empty arena, on an awful promotion, and on a TV channel that, let's be honest, is going to have few buyers. I expect he's getting paid well, but this fight was supposed to have been in NZ in May and frankly should still be in NZ.

6. @Maley

@Maley Active Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2016

Can't see how broadhurst got passed to fight for British boxed once this year in a 4 rounder and b4 that was a English title fight at super fly.

Murray has been more active since he signed with Steve wood tho he withdrew from a final eliminator with ritson.

7. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I wonder if it's possible that Parker can get a fair decision in UK?

8. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
  9. Matt Petley

Matt Petley Active Member Full Member

May 19, 2017
    he's ultimately over here to get the AJ fight so i guess beating fury lines him for AJ or maybe Bellew on Sky box office ppv. But yes the fight should be in NZ and then come over and face Aj after.

10. Matt Petley

Matt Petley Active Member Full Member

May 19, 2017
    if this does end up on itv ppv then no one should ever criticize a matchroom ppv card ever again

11. Beez

Beez Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2017
    I agree the reality now is it 100% should be in NZ, but to be fair... at the time the decision was made I think they got blinded by the UK market being so hot for boxing... From Parker's point of view there is no reason why they shouldn't be expecting to be able to defend a World Heavyweight title, against a British challenger with a name like Fury and in the UK where Boxing is booming!

However, They didnt take into account they were relying on Mick 'Chocolate Fireguard' Hennessy to make this fight a success.

It seems to me decisions made by either Team Fury or Hennessey have derailed this fight. They should of let Frank Warren do fight with BT.

12. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    It's bizarre. Maybe the Fury's just like Mick. But he is possibly the worst promoter I've ever seen in any sport at a decent level.

13. Northadox

Northadox Active Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2017
    Why on earth did they even decide to host it in UK rather than NZ as originally agreed?

Not many in UK know much about Hughie Fury and it won't sell out, surely they're gonna take a huge loss here

14. morrie21

morrie21 Active Member Full Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Saw an article in the NZ Herald from around the time Parker last fought - versus the Romanian guy who stepped up after H.Fury pulled out. This article said his team wanted to take him out of NZ as the market was too small and had been exhausted. There was something about the Auckland council stumping up some money to help with the site fee for his last few fights there too. Obviously that can't be relied on forever. Seems like the plan was always to take him international after his 1st defence. And here we are...

15. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    It's possible to be critical of both.