Update on Saunders injury

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Olu G. Rotimi, May 9, 2021.

1. tealt

tealt Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Lots of those questions get lost in translation. Have you ever noticed that when they are interviewing a foreign fighter like Lomachenko, GGG or Canelo that they really don't answer the question the way it is presented. Canelo probably thought they were asking him if he though he was losing the fight or something.

2. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Lots of homeless people have smartphones these days. I seriously hope the prostitutes and the guy that got attacked at Billy's encouraging see the fight highlights.

3. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    If $ or GBP is purpose of your life you should learn at school and properly and get to decent school later and then learn how to do a business.
    Not to be punched in the face for a living and I had saw enough such ppl with dreams.

Until there is ground about insults, these prize fighters are not more needed here as clowns or actors we had felt this in covid crisis and also in crisis ~10 years earlier.

Most stupid thing is to count their money, small part of them does have more real money than average ppl.
    BJS: I had read up his rep in U.K forums comments about him, there no difference kid does have 1, 2 or 7 m net worth.

Also he is not interesting anymore: rude kid, 0 belt, no 0 fight record in lost fights, nothing for him here any more.
    Rude, very rude kid with 0 belts and defeat in record.
    I did not had paid attention until recently today had googled about him.
    Nothing special and very rude kid.

4. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Canelo felt he was winning and he was. The fact you don’t like it is irrelevant because the judges agreed with him that he was winning and most importantly he closed the show as he promised he would do. There are no morale victories in boxing you either win or lose. Canelo did a job on Saunders.

5. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    He did NOT win every round & you know it I gave BJS 3 clear rounds the fight was still really up for grabs
    BTW were Gingers wraps properly inspected He's known for stacking his wraps lol

6. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Already gave you my analysis that it was 6-2 with Canelo setting him up for the coup de grace which he delivered with the right uppercut. The so called elusive Saunders Canelo found easy to get to especially with the investment in body shots in the early rounds which slowed him down.

James Hudson likes this.
  7. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    Nakatani broke his orbital (multiple rounds before the end IIRC) and won by KO, that was his second broken orbital (the first time he lost be decision).

Just because a couple brave souls pulled it off doesn't mean it should be the expectation, though BJS himself seemed to think otherwise before he experienced it.

8. this_and_that

this_and_that Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 13, 2010
    I hope he recovers quickly.
    I think it's safest to hang the gloves after this.

This is why sometimes a flash KO is better than prolonged punishment over 12rds.
    This is also why Pac-Margarito and Inoue-Donaire should've been called a TKO.
    This is especially why Pac-Horn should've been called a TKO had those disgusting judges not been paid off.

Look at that ****:
    https://content.api.news/v3/images/bin/a7a51d9e5bb665f3b976043f3c367e0a?width=650

Ph33rknot likes this.
  9. 22JM

22JM Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    You out of all people talking about wraps?? Lmao, so you think Canelo barrow Margarito cement gloves??

ElCyclon likes this.
  10. Likethembigroundchunky

Likethembigroundchunky Member Full Member

Nov 2, 2019
    No. In one of the ggg fights abel sanchez noted they were "stacking" his wraps which, iirc, is using padding, then gauze, padding, gauze on the knuckles. Its legal in some states but not all.

11. Likethembigroundchunky

Likethembigroundchunky Member Full Member

Nov 2, 2019
    This content is protected

An update. Nasty.

Serge likes this.
  12. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot etreuM aL Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    He had like 3 close rounds

13. 22JM

22JM Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    So is this some sort of excuse?

14. UFC2020

UFC2020 Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2019
    Looks like Saunders career is over. Because of a rude ped cheater who benefits because he is a cash cow in boxing. Shame Canelo didn't even bother to check on his opponent in the hospital after the fight.

C.J. likes this.
  15. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I'm not sure what people aren't getting here. This isn't a swollen eye, a closed eye, a hematoma or just a small fracture of the orbital socket that would get progressively worse after being repeatedly hit all injuries which you can still continue to fight on with albeit I'm not downplaying the severity of some of them. His cheekbone has completely caved in. You can't can't continue to fight when the bones in your face are caved in, especially the ones surrounding your eye, and it's not some tiny indentation there. It's a bloody horrific injury and his career is likely over now and had he taken one more big shot on the area he could've had bits of broken bone punched into his eye or the surrounding tissue and muscles and lost his sight.

This content is protected

C.J. and Bokaj like this.