Update on Tyson Fury training comeback

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by juppity, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Hopefully gets back!!!

2. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    If Fury gets back into tip top condition, he will beat both Joshua and Wilder. He can do it.................

3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    It's one thing looking fast hitting the pads but the weight and the time off has probably ruined his chances to ever get back in top form again, even if he manages to slim right down.

I would love to see him do it. I would like to believe he will.
    But realistically the odds are against him.

I can't understand why anyone his age with any experience of exercise/fitness would allow themselves to get so out of shape so quickly. I guess it's the depression.

4. JeremyCorbyn

JeremyCorbyn Active Member Full Member

Jul 15, 2017
    To be fair I reckon it is quite easily done, when you fall out of your daily routine can be very difficult to get back into it. Kinda been there myself, although very different circumstances.

This is why you really need someone or something to help motivate you to keep going, otherwise it is very difficult. Some people have it inbuilt in them, some people need a push. I think Fury is the latter.

Unforgiven likes this.
  5. dawz84

dawz84 Member Full Member

Nov 25, 2013
    I agree and also done this myself, using excuse of child born etc. Its surprising how fast it all comes back though... muscle memory and all that. 3-6 months, after a year better than before.

Unforgiven and JeremyCorbyn like this.
  6. Plaza

Plaza Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2017
    I think the ring rust will be the bigger factor as opposed to the weight. As its heavyweight boxing I don't think him ballooning will be as much an issue as if he was a welterweight or middle weight etc... Saying that though how the hell do you hit 27 stone

7. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Full Member

May 18, 2013
    But has he ever looked great? If it was an athletic looking guy who blew up in weight I'd be more worried. Top form for Tyson isn't like top form for Wlad, he just need to shed some weight and get the cardio back and he'll be where he left off.

Mentally I'm more worried.

Unforgiven and Twentyman like this.
  8. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    This content is protected

9. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Anti-depressants will make a person gain a lot of weight. If Fury was on them that explains a lot, plus making your appetite grow........................

10. juppity

Dec 28, 2016
    Shannon Briggs is quite the personality .

11. underwraps

underwraps Active Member Full Member

Oct 31, 2017
    I'd like to see Price v Briggs myself.

12. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Briggs does an amazing job of keeping himself relevant. Realistically, Evander Holyfield would beat him today. He was a cracking bomber in his day, but that was twenty years ago. Gas tank was never good, if that man done eight rounds today I'd be amazed.

13. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    The Furious One will have the last word! :fighting02:

14. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Some cause weight loss, he should switch if this were true.

But he was a fatass even before he was diagnosed with depression, not to the extent he is now, but then he was an active boxer back then that actually trained quite regularly, while recent Fury has just been sitting on his ass, eating hedgehogs and snorting coke.

I hope he loses the weight though, or at least most of it, as I doubt we'll ever see Fury back to his best. But even at 90% he's a threat to everyone in the division.

15. juppity

Dec 28, 2016