Update on Tyson Fury training comeback

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by juppity, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I've just compared and he looks very similar in my opinion. He arms looks slightly bigger now, which isn't a bad thing as he'll need a degree of stopping power to gain Wilder's respect.

WAR FURY!

Hattonmad likes this.
  2. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    His body has never looked 'ripped'

His stamina and timing are what i am interest in not if he has a 6 pack!

3. juppity

juppity Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 28, 2016
    This content is protected

4. juppity

Dec 28, 2016
    Tyson fight with Wilder has been covered on other thread's but wasn't mentioned how much
    Fury has matured. His incredible mental strength to recover from that hellacious right
    hand in the final round comes from his Tyson underrated and largely ignored and not taken serious in beating his battle with depression. Depression kills more young men
    through suicide in Aust than car crashes. It's no joke.

Tyson because of his family checkered history is unfairly labelled.
    Tyson revealed why he held his tongue after the dec.
    " You know what it was ? I was telling my brothers and family to keep quiet.
    Because there were about 10000 travellers ( Brits) that came from around the
    world ( to attend the fight ) They probably would have smashed the arena if i
    instigated it. I mean to the floor. I just wanted to be an ambassador for my
    country and people. ''

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    Potwash, Hattonmad, Twentyman and 3 others like this.
  5. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Tyson conducted himself very well in the immediate aftermath. He, Davison, Warren and the whole team have represented British boxing very well last week.

6. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    I’ve been VERY critical of Fury in the past but he impressed me on Saturday and is a better fighter than I believed he was. That said, Wilder is all explosive power and little more but he keeps pulling it out of the bag when he has too. Fury is never going to be my type of personality (his contradictions drive me nuts) but I have warmed to this 2.0 version.

I had Fury seemingly dominating yet only winning the fight by 1 point due to the numerical system of 2 x 10/8 rounds and a couple of close rounds I gave to Wilder. Based on numbers, I couldn’t argue the draw.

Logic says Wilders people will now look at the AJ fight in April rather than risk the golden egg again against a possibly more confident and 6 months fitter Fury.

juppity likes this.
  7. Cúchulainn

Cúchulainn New Member Full Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Fury has talked a lot in the build up about needing training in his life. Needing a purpose, needing to keep himself busy. I really hope he sticks to this and gets himself in even better shape, so we can see a prime Tyson Fury moving forward.

8. juppity

Dec 28, 2016

9. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    I've got a feeling he's back for good. I wasn't too sure on Davison as a coach in some of the areas that coaching involves but I did know for sure that he was very good for keeping Tyson happy. I think training has taken on a new meaning in Tysons life now and the relationship with Ben will help keep Tyson focused, I'm sure.

juppity and Twentyman like this.