Usyk (AJ fights) vs. Holyfield's competition

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by ikrasevic, May 31, 2023.

1. ikrasevic

ikrasevic F(_)CK the new age Full Member

Nov 3, 2021
    One ATG Cruiserweight (Evander Holyfield) became ATG HW. The second ATG Cruiserweight (Oleksandr Usyk) enters the time machine to test himself as a good boxer and fight against the competition of the first ATG Cruiserweight. How would you do, what score would you have? Oleksandr Usyk is in the form he was against AJ continuously; he uses the time machine all the time.
    Oleksandr Usyk fights Holyfield's HW competition from James Tillis to Brian Nielsen and uses the time machine all the time.

P.S. If you prefer the edition of Oleksandr Usyk who fought Derek Chisora and Chazz Witherspoon, choose that edition.

2. miniq

miniq Oleksandr Usyk Undisputed HW Champion Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    AJ is a bum

Fury will show how you deal with midgets

chico g likes this.
  3. CooperKupp

CooperKupp Jokic For MVP Full Member

Aug 28, 2022
    IF Usyk fought that fight on an actual LEVEL playing field with NEUTRAL judges and not have to deal with incompetent weasels like Moretti… Usyk more than holds his own against Holyfields competition. Throw in the same ‘supplements’ Holyfield benefited from in those days with the same leniency he had… Usyk cleans house.

Toughest fights would be against Tyson and Lewis though. Would be a lot of fun to watch.

4. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Duck them and hope someone else beats them instead. You might just have a point!

5. Tyson379

Tyson379 Active Member Full Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Holyfield got beat up versus Lewis, and Usyk beat Joshua.

Yes Lewis was better but had less power than Joshua. I think Usyk is simply better than Holyfield based on his matchups versus the real champs of the divison.

ikrasevic likes this.
  6. Overseas

Overseas New Member Full Member

Mar 21, 2023
    Holyfield was out of his prime by the time he fought Lennox. A former sparring partner of both strongly believes that prime for prime, Holyfield would knock Lewis out.

"Yes. I'm 6'4 and a half. Not as tall as Lennox but similar in size and range. Evander used me and a few other tall fighters who could mimic Lennox's style. Evander was very sharp when I worked with him but I had to leave camp early because my daughter was being born. When I was there Evander beat me up like he usually did but I heard from some others that in the months after I left Evander was complaining of cramps and arthritis. He was 36 years old and it seemed that his age was beginning to show. The closer to the fight, the worse it got.

He was unusually arrogant in the weeks before the fight saying he would KO Lennox in the 3rd round. That was out of character for him but he told me later that Lennox made him really mad because he called him a hypocrit for being a christian but having so many children out of wedlock. That is one of Evander's buttons right there.

I watched the fight live at the arena and Evander did not look good. Evander looked stiff and slow in the first two rounds but he plays possom a lot. I figured he gave away the first two rounds to conserve energy and murder Lennox in the third. He failed to do it and Lennox controlled the rest of the fight with ease. He accidentally stunned Evander in the 5th with a punch to the back of the head but didn't finish him fearing Evander was setting him up for a trap as he had with Michael Moorer two years prior. As I watched the fight progress it was clear that Evander was over the hill. He didn't have the speed to get to Lennox and couldn't get around Lennox's long jab and reach.

I was pissed off when the fight was a draw but Evander was promoted by Don King. Go figure. The only person on the air who came out and said the obvious was Roy Jones Jr. This was Don's second time screwing Lennox Lewis because he hired a fake referree to help Oliver McCall steal the title from Lennox in 1994.

I didn't work with Evander for the Lennox rematch but from what others told me, Evander was losing his skills. They planned to drain Lennox's strength by jabbing him in the body. I watched the fight and the strategy worked. Evander couldn't fight with Lennox all three minutes of each round so he had to dive in, attack and then escape. Evander turned it into a WAR! Having shared the ring with both, prime Evander would beat prime Lennox. Watch the rematch and see old Evander take it to prime Lennox. Lennox was huffing and puffing and hated those body attacks. He barely made it out alive! Prime Evander would have been busier and got the knockout."

Brixton Bomber, BCS8 and ikrasevic like this.
  7. Dynamicpuncher

Dynamicpuncher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 14, 2022
    All these fights would be dangerous IMO Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis, Riddick Bowe, Michael Moorer, Ray Mercer if he's in form. I also think Byrd/Usyk would be an interesting tussle two highly skilled Southpaws at Heavyweight interesting fight.

Brixton Bomber and ikrasevic like this.
  8. Dynamicpuncher

Dynamicpuncher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 14, 2022
    He's only beat Joshua though ? so i don't understand your point ? What other real champs has Usyk fought at Heavyweight ? Chisora and Chazz Witherspoon ? and let's be real Joshua hasn't been the same since Ruiz took his soul.

I'd also love to see how Usyk would do vs a prime Lennox Lewis in his late 30s after a long grueling career.

9. PFPIsAMyth

PFPIsAMyth New Member Full Member

May 17, 2023
    He doesn't get through Lewis, Bowe and probably Moorer too. I imagine he beats Tyson tho but I could also see Tyson dropping him too. There was some shots Tyson hit Holyfield with in the first fight that actually hurt him (including his signature hook to the body then uppercut), but Tyson was so beyond it mentally he couldn't even attempt to go for the kill. With that being said, I imagine Usyk actually gets badly hurt by those shots if he's in Holyfield's place. Tyson fight is 60/40 in Usyk's favor.

Here is what I'm talking about btw
    This content is protected

ikrasevic likes this.
  10. mrbigshot

mrbigshot Active Member Full Member

Oct 29, 2021
    When usyk scores 39 fights in hw and faces opponents like mike tyson and lennox lewis we can start to compare

Currently , with 4 hw fights and now the gigantic matchout vs dubois its imho an insult for holyfield to be even roughly compared with usyk. Lets be honest.

11. MAD_PIGE0N

MAD_PIGE0N ... banned Full Member

Sep 3, 2022
    Absolutely.

Pepsi Dioxide likes this.
  12. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Due to his southpaw stance, workrate and chin, Usyk is a tough night for ANYBODY.

13. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I think that Usyk would do better. Reasons: he fights like a man from a smaller weightclass instead of a man from a smaller weightclass trying to prove he is big. Holyfield going toe to toe with Bowe is Exhibit A. His footwork and head movement is something that would have given a lot of those guys fits. Furthermore, he is slightly bigger than Holyfield if I am not mistaken

14. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    So much wrong with this post.

15. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    It's laughable.