Usyk needs to stay at Cruiserweight

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by uppercut_to_the_body, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Butch Coolidge

Butch Coolidge Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Breidis isn't exactly a feather fist but Usyk took his best punches unlike Charr. Besides if Usyk fought Joshua my guess is his plan would be considerably different. The top cruiserweights may not be as big as the top heavyweights but they are more skilled IMO. Once the tournament is over then there's no reason to hang around the cruiserweight division. In fact, the semifinalists could make some serious money in the heavyweight division.

DanielDimov and KiwiMan like this.
  2. bubbrubb

bubbrubb Member Full Member

Feb 8, 2016
    he doesn't need to do anything, if he has a championship mentality adn wants to fight bigger guys all the power to him.

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  3. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    I told you guys AJ will blow Usyk away, he is too big too strong.

uppercut_to_the_body likes this.
  4. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Not sure he has the power to get the super heavys respect.

How good is that chin has he been on the floor much? Looks pretty decent so far.

5. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    People said the same about Holyfield, power isn't everything at heavyweight, though it clearly helps.

His chin from what I've seen looks good. That combo he took at the end of the 9th was similar to what KO'ed Charr cold, so I suspect his chin is pretty much cast from iron.

pow likes this.
  6. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    gassie has the ibf

7. Dirsspaardis

Dirsspaardis Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 2, 2017
    Skills, tank and speed are there so once the tourney is over why not move up and have a crack at much slower, less skilled guys?
    The danger of being KO'd is there, but he's got a lot to bring to the table. So does Briedis by the way.

8. deyell

deyell MOLECULE FROM HELL. Full Member

Aug 10, 2015
    If Szpilka was able to win 4-5 rounds against Wilder because of his movement then I am pretty much sure Usyk could outbox him and make him look foolish.

9. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Didn't levadev not put one of the title on the line it might have been the wba

10. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Lebedev isn't a title holder.

11. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    I thought he had 2 titles and he only put the ibf on the line didn't put the wba on the line or maby am wrong

12. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Not in the pro ranks! Am's are a bit different than the pros. Usyk won't last with them big boys in the heavy weights. Ding ding Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 9, 10, IT'S OVER JIM, IT'S OVER! KO IN THE FIRST FOR WILDER, KO IN THE FIRST FOR WILDER!!!!!! Usyk is stumbling around the like he has 2 left feet, his corner has to show him back to his corner!

13. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    I did not watch the fight, so what does this show! Usyk wasn't as good as people thought and has room for improvement before he steps up to heavy weight or Briedis is better than expected?

14. Absolutely!

Absolutely! Fabulous, darling! Full Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Briedis weighs around 215 on fight night, and he's already one punch KOed a "legit" heavyweight in Manuel Charr. Wilder weighed in his last fight at 220, so where's this huge weight difference you seem to be seeing?

15. velagod

velagod Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2012
    I want him to stay at cruiserweight just so he can cement himself as best cruiserweight of all time he’s already second best ever but he can write himself in the history books as best fighter in a weight division witch is huge thing to do, I know he’s ambitious and wants to test himself higher up witch is admirable but he should stay at cruiser and reign king for many years.