Usyk or Andre Ward..

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Liquorice, Sep 28, 2021.

1. prepasur

prepasur Warrior Spirit Full Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Ward has his fair share of skills but he can't make it work without his dirty rough house tactics. Also like other user mentioned he looked for every advantage he could get like fighting in Oakland. Also one time in the SM super six episodes from Showtime Dirrell mentioned to someone (idr if it was Ward) after losing to Froch "this is why Roy and Floyd never fought outside of the US, man". It seems these current crop of guys that idolize Floyd or Roy don't have the necessary mentality to ascend to greatness when you have some odds against you.

For this I'm sure Usyk is better as his results backup and the background of his biggest wins are a big plus for his legacy.

2. Cafe

Cafe Sitzpinkler Full Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Ehmm, I'd say Usyk to be honest. I think beating Joshua the way he did is more impressive than anything Ward has done in his career.

Ward enjoys the fact that his division is a lot more popular than CW and a lot of these guys like Kessler and Froch have been raised to mythical status for whatever reason as if they're way better than guys like Briedis or Huck.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  3. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Usyk by a country mile in fact its laughable to think of the Head Butting, Ball Bashing Oakland only Octopus even being suggested. :couch::jaja-no:

Oddone and Mugen38 like this.