Usyk v Joshua 2 Officially Announced

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by aaaaa, Jun 19, 2022.

1. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Probably gonna open a tin of worms now but I’ve got mates who used to deal and they’re good guys to me :lol: half of my village has been a dealer at one stage it’s not a big deal these days.

Guru88, jimmyonebomb and ryanm8655 like this.
  2. kobashi

kobashi Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Guy was convicted for shottin green. In which Planet does that = bad guy 4-Life

Guru88, Punchdrunk1 and jimmyonebomb like this.
  3. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Shifting a bit of green as a skint teenager hardly makes him Pablo Escobar.

4. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Saw Shane mcguigan interview where he mentions the Saudis bought the TV rights which could explain why the network hasn't been confirmed.

Or maybe they want to announce it for DAZN at that the London presser?.

Seems odd that sky and DAZN were battling to sign AJ with no guarantee of landing the Usyk fight.

Shalom also mentiomed that sky were looking at the next couple of AJ fights while DAZN offered AJ more long term security even if they were not to get the Usuyk fight.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    aaaaa likes this.
  5. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Apparently the Saudi's gauranteed the equivalent of 1.5m PPV buys. So they sold the package with no responsibility to have to sell PPV buys.

I think Sky were looking at the Usyk fight and then if he loses to fight Dillian Whyte. Where as DAZN are open to the Whyte fight, a Ruiz 3rd fight, A US return for AJ and a fight in Nigeria. So i think their global ability and the money likely swung it for DAZN

Glenn McKrory and Mr Humble like this.
  6. Mr Humble

Mr Humble New Member banned Full Member

Jun 15, 2022
    Are you stating that the Usyk v Joshua fight is on DAZN UK and included within the £7.99 monthly subscription?

If not then I am confused as there was a big fanfare last week about Joshua joining DAZN UK.

Money is tight and this subscription is going to have to be the first cutback if the big fights are not part of the subscription.

Glenn McKrory likes this.
  7. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    My dad met AJ just after he won the Olympic medal, he had a whole entourage with him walking down Watford high street but made the effort to chat to my dad who’s in his 70s about boxing for 5 minutes. A good guy in my book for doing that.

Guru88, djfonti and DramaShow like this.
  8. FastLeft

FastLeft Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2022
    AJ is good man. but sometimes act little strange not natural it appear trying hard to know how to be. difficult be in public spotlight it must be. so come across like weirdo some time. & this we do not have to deal with as we not famous like AJ.

he can give Usyk very hard fight. but will lose fight I am sure

Glenn McKrory and Terminator like this.
  9. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    What are you talking about AJ is and always has been a PPV attraction.

KermitTheFrog likes this.
  10. Punchdrunk1

Punchdrunk1 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 2, 2019
    Bring back hanging!

11. Terminator

Terminator Active Member Full Member

Dec 9, 2020
    I get the impression that AJ may be a chocolate starfish invader. Seems suspect to me

Glenn McKrory likes this.
  12. Mr Humble

Jun 15, 2022
    When I subscribed to DAZN UK last year, I thought I heard Eddie Hearn state in a few interviews that there would be no PPV on DAZN and game changed with new huge budget.

What has changed?

13. Terminator

Terminator Active Member Full Member

Dec 9, 2020
    What has changed is that old fart Blavatnik came knocking when Hearn served up Conor benn vs a finnish roadsweeper as a main event and Hearn shat his dacks. Now hes putting everything on PPV to recoup the 4 billion US dollars he owes

Glenn McKrory and Mr Humble like this.
  14. Mr Humble

Jun 15, 2022
    Only asked @Trafford a question as he appears to be very knowledgeable in the area and thought he is a DAZN or Matchroom Employee.

Don't know why his response is so defensive.

15. FastLeft

FastLeft Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2022
    the ""chocolate starfish ' yes. it is not legal in Saudi Arabia but they are worse of entire world for it. if they are ones who have enough wealth. AJ has more enough wealth to buy chocolate starfish in Saudi. I know. I am Palestine Arab & I know some my neighbour Palestinians went to Saudi as migrant refugee & end up being "invaded c on the stafish by Saudi prince & celebrity like AJ visitor. life worse than slave. I am lucky I choose UK to migrate & work like slave on watercress farm & hotel porter treated like crap but never asked to give my "starfish chocolate ' to wealth man for invading.
    Alhamdulillah