Usyk vs Evander Holyfield achievements, ATG status

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Aydamn, Aug 15, 2019.

Who do you predict history will remember as the better overall fighter...?

1. Usyk

48 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Holyfield

48 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    It does feel like that on this forum at times. It feels like some, not necessarily the OP, are desparate for him to fail.

2. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Usyk will debut at HW at 32, while Evander did it at 26. By 32 Holy was two-time HW champion with wins over HW HOFers Bowe, Foreman, Holmes, as well as world champions/beltholders Douglas, Dokes, Thomas.

Holy was far ahead in terms of overall resume at the same age, and he did have twice more fights at 32.

Therefore, Usyk needs to beat at least few top-10 HWs in the next few years and win the HW world title to make that gap closer.

If he does, I'd be happy for him (Since I'm fan of Holy and Usyk).

George Crowcroft, Aydamn and Rock0052 like this.
  3. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Nice , solid, unbiased post from a Ukranian. Awesome.

Big Ukrainian likes this.
  4. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    I like Usyk, too. But Usyk is NOT making his heavyweight debut at 32.

Usyk moved up to the heavyweight division as an amateur (201 limit) 11 years ago. Saying Usyk is not a heavyweight is like saying Felix Savon and Teofilo Stevenson weren't heavyweights.

And Usyk fought in the "pro/paid ranks" in the WSB against super heavyweights like Joe Joyce, Junior Fa, Matteo Modugno, etc., for more than a year 2012 to 2013. They are BIG HEAVYWEIGHTS.

Fact is, nearly everyone who medaled in the Olympics at heavyweight (not super heavyweight but heavyweight) in the amateurs and turned pro ... turned pro as heavyweights. This includes Deontay Wilder, Ray Mercer, Andrew Golota, David Tua, David Izon, David Defiagbon, Sultan Ibragimov, Luan Krasniqi, Willie DeWitt, Odlanier Solis and Nate Jones.

The only people who won a gold medal at heavyweight in the Olympics and decided to campaign at cruiserweight were guys who didn't think they were good enough to win the heavyweight title and thought Cruiserweight would be an easier place to pick up a belt.

And there were only three of them - Henry Tillman. Rakhim Chakhkiev. AND USYK.

Everybody else became a heavyweight in the pros like there were in the amateurs.

And Usyk fought in the paid ranks as a heavyweight ... you can watch him on Youtube against Joyce and Fa ... and Usyk weighed more in his second pro fight against Mendoza than Wilder did the night he stepped in the ring against Fury, because Usyk was a heavyweight who had been fighting big heavyweights.

Usyk isn't making his pro debut at heavyweight at 32. He made his debut as a heavyweight at 21 in the amateur ranks. And he fought big heavys in the WSB in 2012 and 2013.

And now Usyk has finally got the stones, at 32, to give it a go against rated heavyweights.

This sort of MASS FALSE REALITY people have that Usyk hasn't fought at heavyweight before is so bizarre.

Guys have fought at heavyweight before, moved down, and moved back up. Usyk is one of those guys.

He's not making his heavyweight debut at 32. He's fought over 200 pounds more than he hasn't over the past 11 years. Are these not heavyweight fights? They took place six and seven years ago. He wasn't 32 back then. And he got paid for them.

This content is protected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKpbKm_wkFo&t=460s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzVOygKI_wg&t=745s

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    bandeedo likes this.
  5. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    spinks became hw champ of the world, in case people didnt know that, who on usyks resume has come near to that? what exactly has gassiev, briedis, and glowacki done, besides beat a bunch of, unknown because theyre nobody, type of fighters? watch them fight you say? i have watched them fight, i see nothing special, and i will put my analysis up against anybodies.

your whole poster identity is the insecurity america makes you feel. youve had a hard on for america since day one. im not mad about it, i think its funny, cause at least 20% of posters here operate under the same principle, im just pointing out the truth in this little circle jerk.

PunchersChance. likes this.
  6. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Yes. And he's got a genuine case for worse HW Champion of all time....
    He beat one of the worst versions of Ali ever who barely threw punches. Glowacki, Gassiev and Briedis all could've done that

And you say
    Hunter is a top 10 HW rn and Briedis stopped a current HW title holder. So...
    All have been champion. All 3 have a case for top 10 CWs ever. All will go down greater than Spinks.
    You see nothing special? As opposed to who? DeLeon and Spinks?
    Put that analysis against anyone's. We both know you put Gassiev in against them two and he KOs them.
    Qawi is Holyfield's only meaningful CW and he wasn't better than Gassiev, Hunter, Glowacki or Briedis.

Spud Head likes this.
  7. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    If Usyk does that he'll surpass Holyfield in ATG status. Holyfield did lose to Lewis and Bowe.

8. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007

9. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Coming from senor insecure

10. mirkofilipovic

Jan 7, 2014
    I dont think he needs as much wins at heavy to be equal or superior to Holy’s Heavyweight resume for the simple fact that Usyk has to face much larger elite SUPER heavyweights than what Holyfield had to face generally. So that should be taken in to account I think.

11. PunchersChance.

PunchersChance. Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2018
    Gassiev KO’s Spinks? Wtf are you smoking? Spinks would wipe the floor with Gassiev.

None of those guys beat the Ali that Spinks did. Breidis is the best of the bunch and he went life and death with the ghost of Mike Perez. Qawi would have whooped the lot of them. This CW era is nothing special at all, and the fighters have been hyped way beyond their actual levels.

12. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    End thread.
    Before me and mirko get medieval on your ass. :fusmile

mirkofilipovic likes this.
  13. mirkofilipovic

Jan 7, 2014
    I know, they cant give Olek a chance, he hasnt even moved up yet LOL

lepinthehood likes this.
  14. lepinthehood