Usyk vs Gassiev on ITV PPV

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Jul 4, 2018.

1. VERY FEEL

VERY FEEL I am FEEL banned Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    the more I think about it though, I reckon a Draw would be a good bet.

2. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Gassiev is a belting fighter, I just think Usyk will edge this on ring generalship. Usyk is busier with a much higher punch output than Gassiev. He switches angles and throws more variety of shots. I can see Gassiev trying to box him with for a few rounds before giving up the ghost and just looking to land something big on him instead. With that, the rounds will slip away.

Usyk by UD.

Howitzer1888 and Greg Price like this.
  3. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    There can't be a draw in the WBSS.

4. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    I agree with your point but it's because 'casuals' are uneducated in boxing and believe what they are paying for is the pinnacle of the sport. Just looks at matchroom/Hearns Twitter threads.

Imagine football for example where people are generally for more educated. What would sell the most in this country?
    West ham v Everton PPV
    Barcelona v Real Madrid PPV?

5. Wass1985

Wass1985 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    I've heard some bad reports on ITV Box Office, any problems?

6. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    They are a shambles.

Groves vs Eubank didn't work for me. Just a blue screen. I won't be buying any other itv ppv after that debacle.

305th likes this.
  7. Shrewd_dude

Shrewd_dude Active Member Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    What a farce that you can’t record it on Virgin on ITV box office.

I’ve got something that potentially I might have to go out and do which I can’t get out of tonight.

My plan was to just get the fight and record it and then watch about 11 when I know I can watch it but according to their faq you can’t record it.

They say you can watch the scheduled repeats but I can’t find any info on when the repeats are and whether it will be repeated straight after the live coverage ends or whether the repeats will be the following night etc.

8. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Im a bit confused. If it goes to the fourth judge will the bookies still pay out as a draw? Like in football if it finishes as a draw but goes into extra time the bookies still pay as a draw...does that make sense lol.

9. Shrewd_dude

Jul 14, 2007
    If you back in a market which has the draw priced up then they will pay out on the draw.

Potwash likes this.
  10. Shrewd_dude

Jul 14, 2007
    Obviously as I've said on Virgin you cannot record the fight. Does anybody know whether pausing ITV box office works on Virgin. I.e if I were to pause the fight when it is about to start i could then could start again and watch it an hour or so later?

11. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! I know what I like and I like what I know. Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I'm out on a birthday 10 pub crawl tonight (30 minutes max per pub) so obviously I am going to miss the fight.

My plan of attack is to search YouTube at about 2am when I stagger in, Pizza or Kebab in hand, for a full recording of the fight.

Too close a fight to call. May the best man win with no controversial decision.

Scissors likes this.
  12. Windrunner07

Windrunner07 Active Member Full Member

Jun 14, 2015
    Can u record on Sky box office? Don’t think u can record a PPV anywhere tbh

13. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    There are more bad reports on Sky Box Office - mainly that the fights are crap.

Sad that this genuine super fight will be watched by a tiny number of UK viewers hidden away on ITV Box Office.

14. VERY FEEL

VERY FEEL I am FEEL banned Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I forgot there is a 4th Judge!

Scissors likes this.
  15. Infern0121

Infern0121 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jan 21, 2018
    Its not a fair direct comparrison, boxing is always going to have that "wwe" aspect to it. Which means that from a pure in ring basis isnt always the most important, plus people prefer entertainment value over technical skills.

Anyway the discussion could go on forever but it just is what it is, my advice is just watch and enjoy the fight, if you enjoy it the rest doesnt matter.