Usyk vs Joshua is now for the vacant Lineal Championship

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Joe.Boxer, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Joe.Boxer

Joe.Boxer Chinchecker Full Member

Jan 8, 2011
    With Tyson Fury's official retirement - as confirmed by the WBC Presidente - Fury's claim to the Lineal Championship has been unequivocally relinquished, meaning the 20 August bout between the universally recognized top 2 challengers - Oleksandr Oleksandrovych Usyk and Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Joshua - will now be for the vacant Lineal World Heavyweight Championship.

:campeon::ARMS1:.

No more lies, no more fake retirements & comebacks, no more silly games & attention seeking; Fury can keep his bogus WBC champion emeritus status but if he wants to claim the Lineal title again, he'll have to face the reigning champion :deal:.

:argue::boxing1:campeon:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
    TipNom, realsoulja, Levook and 7 others like this.
  2. Special one

Special one Active Member Full Member

Mar 20, 2019
    Hopefully we see the belt in the ring next sat.

3. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    After dethroning Klitschko, Fury did not fight for two and half years, which was the sixth longest period of inactivity for a lineal heavyweight champion in history (behind Jess Willard, James Corbett, Jack Dempsey Muhammad Ali and Joe Louis). The details behind this dry 2016 – 2018 spell are complex, but are stated below, with quotes and references from prominent journalists/organizations associated with the sport.

2016 – 2018. Despite claims to the contrary, during this period Tyson Fury did not formally announce his retirement, and when his team were questioned about the matter (at the time, in 2016), it was made clear that he was "definitely not permanently out of the sport." (59).

- Retirements: On October 3rd, 2016, Tyson Fury Tweeted (56): "Boxing was the saddest thing I ever took part in, all a pile of ****, I'm the greatest, & I'm also retired, so go suck a ****, happy days." Three hours later he indicated this had been a prank, Tweeting, "Hahahaha u think you will get rid of the GYPSY KING that easy!!! I'm here to stay #The Greatest. Just shows u what the Medea are like. Tut tut"

Another "retirement" (68) came on July 26th, 2017, this time via Instagram:

"been very blessed in my life & career achieve the upmost in boxing, was a epic journey along the way. Thanks to all the fans that supported & believed in me along the way, Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. THE END."

This social media message was also viewed with scepticism, following 2016's "prank." ESPN (57) reported that, "a source close to Fury told PA Sport that the Manchester-born fighter is 'fine' and is not expected to walk away from boxing."

4. Joe.Boxer

Joe.Boxer Chinchecker Full Member

Jan 8, 2011
    :nonono the Lineal Championship isn't a belt, dumbass.

Stick to watching WWE :).

5. Levook

Levook Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 26, 2020
    They can take all those belts plus every other belt in existence, and stick 'em where the sun don't shine & since we're on boxing news 24 forum, that's my big white behind :D

Joe.Boxer likes this.
  6. Mickc

Mickc Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Don’t be surprised if Fury comes out of retirement and fights the Undisputed Champion,it’s not an ego thing but a challenge like this would be too much for him to resist,a year or two down the line he will be un retired again. After the Wilder fights which he admitted himself took a lot out of him he will rest up and watch how the Heavyweight landscape unfolds without him and then make his move. I’d be very surprised tbh if he did remain retired.

Levook likes this.
  7. Levook

Levook Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 26, 2020
    Agreed, I'd be surprised too, you never know what this guy will do.

As far as wear & tear and the idea of Wilder taking a lot out of him, I just think of the older generations of fighters and guys with 1, 2, 300 freakin fights & shake my head.

Mickc likes this.
  8. Special one

Special one Active Member Full Member

Mar 20, 2019
    @Joe.Boxer Boxer I was being ironic. Guess the winking emoji didn't show up on my post. I am fully aware there is no actual lineal belt thanks dick wad!

9. Jennifer Love Hewitt

Jennifer Love Hewitt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    If the WBC had any integrity, they would put the vacant WBC belt on the line in the Usyk vs Joshua fight.
    Of course thee is no integrity in the corrupt world of boxing.

10. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    It always was. Fury acted the lineal title when he became a coke-head and quit.

11. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    They'll find a way to make Donkey Wilder the lineal champion.

Perkin Warbeck and Dangerwood84 like this.
  12. Skyver

Skyver Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Joshua and Usyk won’t give a damn about lineal title’s ffs it was bull**** peddled by a con man in the first place.

BEATDOWNZ likes this.
  13. gneall

gneall Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2022
    Why is keeping track of the "man who beat the man" (lineal) a con job, but some flashy belts made by a literal company aren't? Have I missed an important piece of lore in boxing? Genuine question i've only been a fan for like 5 years now

Jpreisser, ikrasevic and JabbaTheGut like this.
  14. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Does anyone really care about the so called lineal title?

15. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Tyson Fury retires the lineal champion

Usyk cannot become the lineal champion by defeating AJ twice. Wlad had to do more to take claim to the broken lineage.

ikrasevic likes this.