Vitali Klitschko vs Evander Holyfield

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by El Hans, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Do you think Holyfield won the first fight with Ruiz? Yes or no? It was a robbery plain and simple. Holyfield had more gift decisions than just about any other fighter in the 1990's-2000's. Yeah Holyfield was 37. So what he was loaded on juice and you know it, so it evens out.

I treat you like the joke you are. It's only a matter of time until you create another alt and get banned again. Until then the 'Ghul will tear you apart / get under you very thins skin.

2. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    I doubt it. Moorer was not different than Hide or Norris in this respect, they were two blown up heavies like Moorer himself. Vitali took a three combined round to defeat Hide and Norris. Vitali would dispatch Moorer inside of 5 rounds.

By the time Holyfield beat Moorer had documented problems outside the ring, chief among them were alcohol. Indeed he took three years off from boxing! So what exactly is the value of Holyfield avenging his defeat to Moorer? Less than it looks like on paper, that is for sure.

3. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Holyfield re-matched him after fighting injured and NOT QUITTING.

George Crowcroft and JohnThomas1 like this.
  4. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    You disprove it? . C'omn ducky , stop running and provide the evidence :comp4:

5. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    You asked where they were rated? I showed you!
    It's that simple.
    Shavers was a soft defence for Ali? Oh okay.
    ps The only reason I haven't put you on ignore like most is I enjoy seeing which ridiculous excuses you will come up with every time you are proven wrong.

6. CharlesBurley

CharlesBurley Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 23, 2020
    As much as Gatti was. Holyfield pussied out of the Lennox fight for 7 years and then got schooled

7. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Holyfield's record is all anyone needs to look at, it speaks for itself.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Bonecrusher and George Crowcroft like this.
  8. THE BLADE 2

THE BLADE 2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2009
    The RING list is certainly more reliable than your list. Your personal opinion means very little, even on this board

9. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    Are you talking about the Moorer re-match?

That Moorer had personal issues, was coming off surgery and was pudgy as he did not train. Sure he beat him As for QUITTING, Holyfield did exactly that in one his last fights, ya know. As I review Holyfield's carer, I find he's cut several times, usually from he jab.

By the way there is a good Holyfield vs Frazier thread, and as you know I'm not super high on Frazier. Neither are you.

Read the T's and C's of the match up, inlacing VADA testing and give us you pick. Until then. Ghul is picking at your bones like a hurry dog in a meat house.

10. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007

I agree. He lost to the best he fought, ( Bowe and Lewis ) should have lost the trilogy to Ruiz, split vs. Moorer who was not in good shape for the re-match. Outside of a post prison Tyson, those are the best he fought. If speeks for itself. You could add a Thomas ( who had problems with coke among other things ) or a fat and unmotivated Douglas if you care.

Holy looked suspect vs. Cooper, did not look good at all vs. Vaughn Bean. Heck, he even allowed chinny Alex Stewart to have his share of moments. Oh, yeah, he bet two 40+ year old men, and when he was 40 got KO'd by a blown up middleweight in James Toney.

His record vs. the best is sporty as heck, and badly needed re-match and favorable judging....which gave two draws that absolutely should have been losses ( Lewis2 and Ruiz1. )

Take note: Vitali never needed favorable judging, Old a cut and a bad injury define his defeats and he was winning both matches. Neither Lennox Lewis and I believe a Byrd who was managed by Don King had any interest in a re-match, Lewis for certain.

11. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    You brought it up and can't prove it. Now backed into your usually spot, you asking for me to help you out! Doesn't work that way.

If you want my 10 Holyfield questions, I'll give you a shot. My guess is you can't give straight forward yes or no answer. Ya want to count those ducks?

12. CharlesBurley

CharlesBurley Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 23, 2020
    He avoided Lewis until '99 and then got throroughly outboxed twice. The same Lewis is being outboxed by Vitali. So how does Holyfield beat Vitali when he can't outbox Lewis?

Mendoza likes this.
  13. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    You idiot, he was recovering for a shoulder surgery, so his brother subbed in. No ranked heavyweight is going to take a match on the mend from a surgery. Injuries cancel fights, they do not make them. DUH.

Sure, sure Vitali ducked Byrd, keep thinking that way. Perhaps it is impossible to debate a Dunning Kruger and except much. Show them they are wrong with facts and Dunning just can't accept it. Look in the mirror Dunning.

Testing a theory, and your sanity. Do you think Lewis diced out of a re-match with Vital or not? Yes or no.

14. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    Except he did take a match , he took one against Hoffman just seven months after Byrd took his title away. You are correct in saying he allowed Wlad step-in. Wlad was put forth as his style was harder for Byrd to beat.
    Try stick to the facts instead of slinging your petty insults. The facts show he avoided an immediate rematch. Avoiding the immediate rematch is a big red mark on Vitali's career.
    Holyfiled fought Bowe 3 times , Tyson twice and Lewis twice and Moorer twice. Its why Vander is considered a top 10 ATG.

mcvey likes this.
  15. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    You already ran multiple times when presented with the proof. You will only run away if posted again.
    Once again ducky , provide one sliver of evidence that Vitali tried to rematch Byrd? You can't and you know you can't so you will weasel and squirm your way out of it , for example - purposefully distorting the time lines and claiming Don King blocked the fight in 2003.

Byrd was under Universum box promotion when he fought both brother back to back in 2000. He had to fight who they told him to fight. He fought Wlad simply because Vitali didn't want it... The facts destroy you.

mcvey likes this.