Ward and Lil G trade words

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Olu G. Rotimi, Feb 23, 2022.

1. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Ward beat Kovalev twice and took his soul. Kovalev will never forget SOG thats for sure.

Boon likes this.
  2. m.s.

m.s. Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Ward is bigger than GGG that's for sure.

Olu G. Rotimi and MagicE like this.
  3. m.s.

Nov 2, 2010
    Kovalev was robbed of all his belts in the first fight. Total injustice. The funny thing is, is for what? Ward can't draw flies.

4. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Ward is better than ggg that's for sure.

Olu G. Rotimi likes this.
  5. m.s.

Nov 2, 2010
    You think ward can beat Canelo twice? Just curious.

6. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Its not even arguable!

Pimp C likes this.
  7. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    I think a prime ward at 168 would've have beaten canelo I've always said this. Canelo is great but he looks like that because there's not boxers fighting right now that can expose his flaws. Ward was the exact guy at 168 that would've done that. A mentally tough fighter who can fight at all ranges with good defense and a high ring iq.

8. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    When you say hometown, do you mean the US? Ward fought less than half his fights in Oakland. I think 8. So, it's inaccurate to say he only fought in his hometown.

9. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Now Willie you know, and I know you know that Golovkin in his prime was avoided like the plague. Nobody decent would touch him with a 10 foot pole at his prime. Canelo literally vacated his belts to avoid a prime G. Ward was the only fighter near Golokvins weight who had expressed some interest in taking on Golovkin. But it was too little reward for too much risk for Golovkin. If Golovkin was really interested in his legacy he would have fought Ward. But instead he wasted his entire prime.

10. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    You have no be nuts to think that gg would have gone anywhere to fight ward. Ward or zurdo or nomatter who. Gg has always been too comfortable there, doing nothing.

11. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    your comment is cool, man. But after I read your comment, we have canelo going up and fighting (old) kovalev and cleaning up bigger divisions, and everything we have about gg is a tweet saying "what if".

And yes, kovalev was old, but the same way canelo fought an old kovalev gg could have done it too. And he never even tried.

I dont know how people keep defending gg's resume, tbh. It's ridiculous. It is so OBVIOUS that gg is happy doing nothing, the bare minimum, and skipping efforts to be great as hard has he can. And it's pity, because he has the talent. But he has not the will, he just gives zero ****s about being great, he only wants "izi money", that's all. For me that's ok, but he cant pretend to be nothing even close to great, then.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
    navigator likes this.
  12. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    GGG doesnt have a great resume. But I call it like it is. Canelo was shitting bricks thinking about prime Golovkin and so was everyone besides Ward.

I'm not blind. I saw exactly what happened.

13. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    Ironic thing is Ward is probably as white as Golovkin is. Gennadys grandmother is Korean. And Wards dad is white.

DRUGS likes this.
  14. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    I'm like GGG & i'm as black as Irish Andre Ward as I am Black Irish...explain it to me buba...

15. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    No one took anyones soul, you excitable little *****...weeks took a bung thats what happened ,then pissed off to Africa to hide from the heat...punkass...