Wasserman Boxing on DAZN

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Lil Niall, May 17, 2023.

1. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    Hopefully the other broadcasters also become non exclusive.

British boxing has become very stale and the driver for broadcasters should be the quality of fights/cards rather than the promoter.

Accurate, iceferg, Mitch87 and 2 others like this.
  2. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Brilliant news. DAZN are working with a lot of different promoters. In the US they are working with Dmitry Salita and also Jake Paul's Most Valuable Promotions who have a card this month. I am pretty sure DAZN have broadcasted some of Wasserman's shows globally previously.

Steve Robinson Franklin Ignatius on the undercard which is a brilliant matchup.

It was only Matchroom are exclusive on DAZN, not the other way round.

From Twitter it seems like Wasserman still work with Channel 5 but Josh Kelly is now with DAZN, like with Eubank Jr who is signed to Wasserman but hasn't fought on Channel 5.

3. Craigt93

Craigt93 Member Full Member

Oct 15, 2020
    Bet it hasn’t gone down well at Matchroom Towers.

iceferg likes this.
  4. Lil Niall

Lil Niall Active Member Full Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Well Eddie has retweeted it so seems happy enough. Will fill some dates for him I guess and should ensure no card clashes.

DramaShow likes this.
  5. Plaistow

Plaistow Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2019
    Why? He blows Golden Boy out the water over in the US, nothing wrong with competition…

6. DramaShow

Dec 22, 2020
    Why not ? This is only this specific case of Josh Kelly's bouts being on DAZN, not all of Wasserman's. Globally, I am pretty sure DAZN show Wasserman cards outside of the UK. It brings another UK show to DAZN in June. Hearn and Kalle Sauerland have a good relationship. Hearn is desperate for DAZN to pick up more content in the UK to drive subscriptions. It's a good thing for Matchroom.

Josh Kelly is number 3 with the WBO at 154. The WBO have ordered Charlo to fight Tzuyu by September 30, so the title could become vacant by the end of the year if not earlier. Danny Garcia is going down the WBA route fighting Lara. That would give Kelly a vacant World Title shot against Bakhram Murtazaliev which is a winnable fight. I don't see why Matchroom would be upset or bothered by it.

7. Bfcad

Bfcad Active Member Full Member

Dec 10, 2022
    The best thing that could come out of this would be Hennessy going back on C5

Accurate and Beale like this.
  8. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Doubt Hearn cares

Hardly a threat

DramaShow likes this.
  9. DramaShow

Dec 22, 2020
    Conflicting reports. Benson reported that it's all Wasserman shows. On Channel 5 they were only allowed to show the main event / chief support. At least on DAZN they can show the full card. Probably would have been better to stay on Channel 5 though in my opinion. Kelly is close to a World Title somehow. Maybe he has more options for big fights on DAZN.
    He can say that they have another UK show in June along with the US ones as well. I wish Kelly was fighting better opposition though after beating Troy Williamson.

10. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Sure but my point was he wont be worried as some might suggest

DramaShow likes this.
  11. DoubleG95Fanatic

DoubleG95Fanatic Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2021
    **** sakes, go away Kalle and stick to your little misfit shows.

12. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Will be some Wasserman shows on DAZN going forward. Eddie helped put deal together and Kalle and him have a great relationship. Plan is to build some inDAZN fights such as Kelly vs McCormack or Pattinson and Arthur vs Richards etc.

Wizbit1013 and DramaShow like this.
  13. DramaShow

Dec 22, 2020
    Makes sense. Kalle is doing well with Misfits on DAZN right now too. You reckon Matchroom could have put some local fighters like Callum French and Mark Dickinson on this Wasserman show ?

I think Rhiannon Dixon will fight Katharina Thanderz next for the European Title who is signed to Wasserman. They can probably do something with Harlem Eubank too.

Astro likes this.
  14. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    Really hope this happens as his fight nights always delivered on Channel 5