What if..... Alvarez vs Spence at 160

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Scratchlin, Mar 21, 2019.

1. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    He cuts a lot to get to welter just like crawford did to make 135. Spence is only gonna be stronger at 154-160.
    I basing it off the fact I know what the **** I’m looking at. Michael hunter and Errol Spence are 2 of the few fights that had a shitload of international comp. I’ve never seen anybody control the distance or range with him as a pro. One of his best attributes is stamina and durability. Because he. Controlls the range he is able to get off a million punches.
    Prime Lara with the movement gives anybody trouble but lara is a stationary fighter now. Canelo has stamina issues and I’ve seen him lose 4 or 5 fights. I see Spence controlling the distance and beating canelo anywhere the fight goes. Hurd would be the easiest of the 3 because he tries to wear people down and run over the top of you. He really does nothing special. I feel as though It would be hurd bobblehead night.
    He wouldn’t wear Spence down and would be getting hit a lot more to the head and body then Harrison or Lara hit him and he’d be getting hit harder. I could see Spence stopping hurd late.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    pistal47 likes this.
  2. elmaldito

Jun 11, 2009
    not at 147 he wouldnt
    Not when he was at 147 or now
    He’s roided himself out of the division. Garcia has twice the defensive skill canelo ever dreamed of having
    You are right about styles making fights, wrong about who’s style would come out ontop

pistal47 likes this.
  3. thanosone

thanosone Love Your Brother Man Full Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Spence gets demolished. Canelo walks thru him.

Scratchlin and CST80 like this.
  4. elmaldito

Jun 11, 2009
    Crawford at 147
    Spence at 54

5. elmaldito

Jun 11, 2009
    Also, I don’t think canelo has the power to stop Spence.

6. elmaldito

Jun 11, 2009
    Who has he walked through other then glass jaw Kirkland and Kahn. Cherry pick fielding?
    He couldn’t walk through Chavez jr
    Loool
    At canelo walking thru spence

PunchersChance. likes this.
  7. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    I think its a great fight.

I think Spence makes it a highly competitive fight that has moments of high level chess matches and moments of intense fighting in the trenches.

At the end of the day I have to go with the more proven fighter and the more proven fighter at the weight. I just dont see Spence having the size to do as effective of work as he would need to do to edge 7 rounds.

Awesome matchup imo... but I see Canelo edging it.

Canelo 7 rounds to 5.

Scratchlin and pistal47 like this.
  8. West of Hollywood

West of Hollywood Active Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Close decision. Spence would win 7 rounds and would be rewarded by a Canelo unanimous decision.

pistal47 likes this.
  9. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Canelo is proven at 160, we`ll have to see Spence at 154 first, he doesn`t punch as hard as GGG who would have easily stopped Garcia.

CST80 likes this.
  10. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Canelo would folded Garcia even earlier than 3 rounds at 160!

CST80 likes this.
  11. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    He needs to beat Crawford before he`s proved he can take on the much heavier Canelo. Canelo would destroy Crawford at 160.

12. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Spence is far better than Eubank, he`d even beat him at 160, different level.

13. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    :lol: Clenelo might be a ginger creep, a Clenbuterol addict, the poster boy for corruption in our sport, and only has to make it to the final bell to get his hand raised but the guy can actually fight, isn't a career 140 pounder Pauile level featherfist, a blown up Gnome Garcia who natural 154 pounder Spence held every physical disadvantage over (weight, height, reach, power, strength and speed too after adding all that Kangaroo Jack muscle) and not by a little bit either, who was Pudgy Pete and Simon Soft down at his natural weight, or a one-eyed damaged goods ghost of Brook who was coming off a stoppage loss, a bad beating, a terrible eye injury and gruesome surgery to repair it, and back down from 160 after bulking up to fight up there. Clenelo fought on even terms with a past prime GGG for much of their two fights. Granted GGG was robbed by Clenelo's judges in both those fights and Clenelo had ducked the closer to prime version of him like he had Ebola and the Bubonic plague at the same time, but even that version of GGG would spark Spence out cold with a medium power right or left.

CST80 likes this.
  14. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Canelo has far more offensive skill than Garcia has and a vicious body attack, his trunk is thicker than Errol`s so can take body shots better.

CST80 likes this.
  15. timeout

timeout Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 15, 2010
    It goes the distance, close fight. Spence wins on points but gets robbed?

Wait that rings a bell.......