What was your scorecard for Brook/Spence half way?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by yesihavearm2, May 27, 2017.

1. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    4-2 Brook after 6 then gave everything else to Spence. The eye seemed to be a real issue from the 7th, when he went back to his corner Ingle told him not to speak and told Brook something didnt look the same as last time. He was looking at the eye im guessing Brook felt it had happened again but it all went down hill from there. This isnt an excuse this is Boxing.

After 6 i had him winning but they were really super close rounds, all of them and i must of seen about 6 or 7 subtle changes in tactics between both fighters in those rounds. I think i was treated to some real top class Boxing from 2 top class operators with top class corner teams.

Very impressed myself, it seems many on here wernt. Spence hadnt been in with anybody as good as Brook, left the USA to fight in a real hostile lions den in Sheffield and fought damn well and damn hard and was involved in the type of fight where they were evenly matched that it was made to look ugly in a way its hard to really shine. But in the end Spence shone.

Staminakills, Bax183 and PH|LLA like this.
  2. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    4-2 to Brook after 6 rounds.

3. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    a post i can believe came from a knowledgeable boxing fan.
    spence reminded me of floyd in his demeanor throughout the fight. not the false bravado , but the way he kept the same expression and never got rattled. i think whats going to seperate him is his speed and his instincts, he doesnt let many openings go unrewarded.

Ukansodoff likes this.
  4. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
  5. Northadox

Northadox Active Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2017
    at half way I had it a draw.

Brook 1 2 6, Spence 3 4 5. I think it's the work on the ropes that did a lot of damage. Some close rounds early on but I felt that when Spence was in control, he did the better work than when Brook was. Brook let himself get stuck on ropes quite a lot unfortunate

6. junkhead

junkhead My dogs watch me post Full Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Had it 5-1 Brook, but upto 3-3 would of been fine. I just think Brook had spence fighting his fight and had him frustrated and uncomposed until he started to slow down. Plus Brook finished most the rounds much stronger. Then everything after the 6th went to Spence.

7. BoxingNL

BoxingNL Dutch P4P Champion Full Member

Nov 12, 2013
    4-2 Brook, but Brook didn't win a round after that.

8. cereal monotony

cereal monotony Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 30, 2013
    i had spence up 5-1 in rounds...i know what the announcers were saying and how the official judges had it, but their commentary sucked and was inaccurate....clearly spence won the majority of the early rounds.

Pimp C likes this.
  9. Bax183

Bax183 Member Full Member

May 21, 2017
    I had Brook up by 3 after 6, but gave Spence every round after. By the stoppage I had Spence up by 2.

10. Bax183

Bax183 Member Full Member

May 21, 2017
    Agree. Gutted for Brook, but Spence Jr deserves a lot of credit. A lot of fighters wouldn't have been able to do what Spence Jr did last night and a lot of fighters wouldn't of of touched the fight to start with. There are things Spence can work on, like every boxer, but great experience for him to go on and dominate the division.

11. blackbolt396

blackbolt396 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 13, 2012
  12. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Halfway point brook was up, but with the knockdown going into the last few had Spence up by 1.

13. Pez

Pez Active Member Full Member

Aug 18, 2013
    59-56 Brook, Brook won the first half and but the effects of the eye and the body punching definitely caught up with him. Yeah the eye socket definitely played it's part but it was caused by Spence's punches so full credit to Spence.

14. Staminakills

Staminakills Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 8, 2012
    After investigating it a few times I settled on 3/3 after 6 then clean Spence sweep. He ruined that body and that's the real reason brook quit,he had nothing to give and was beaten beaten like he checked Spence write

Pimp C likes this.
  15. blackbolt396

blackbolt396 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 13, 2012
    The body shots was nasty.

Staminakills likes this.