Where on earth is DAZN getting all this money from for contracts?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by bruce_keyes, Mar 14, 2019.

1. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Access industries is irrelevant.

Money trickles in regardless through what DAZN is generating.

You just don't get that .

You're to busy trying to disprove that DAZN doesn't make money.

It does ,and ANY large company loses before it gains if its trying a take over ,its exactly how Net Flix panned out .

sure im out of my depth ? lol

Theres to many connections for DAZN to go under,i f Access group pulled the plug another share holder / share holders takes their place and buys them out...you dummy. lol

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  2. Gymbot

Gymbot Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    You're the one that brought up Access Industries and now you say they're irrelevant? Make your mind up FFS.

Money trickles in yes and then gushes back out servicing debt/overheads.

I don't have to disprove anything. It's in black and white in their company accounts. DAZN doesn't make money. Perform Group doesn't make money. Neither will for many years to come. That will be in their own forecasts.

Netflix's success is in an entirely different market. It now has 150 million subscribers.

Do you understand the mantra "speculate to accumulate"? That is what Netflix has done and what DAZN is attempting to do. They are both at entirely different stages in their development. Netflix is a success. DAZN isn't yet. It is still in the speculation stage.

You do understand the difference, don't you?

3. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    No im SHOWING you how they get their money and who backs them.

You cant do that without knowing what ACCESS does ....jesus Christ why am I even arguing this with you , they are irrelevant to the DAZN business model ITSELF ,you haven't a clue!

Good Bye ,have fun watching DAZN be around forever. while still telling people they are going bankrupt ! :roto2lol:

4. Gymbot

Mar 8, 2017
    Err, no you're not showing me anything. I can read a set of accounts.

I haven't said they are going bankrupt. I've said they are losing money. You don't seem to understand the difference. They would go bankrupt if they stopped receiving external investment and borrowing. That's a fact. That's what "going concern" means, as stated in their own annual accounts.

Talk about banging your head against a brick wall...

5. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    True by buying the air time they got an established platform to showcase fighters, but they were show casing fighters at the time people really didn't know very well, they lacked stars, PBC never had a PPV star, DAZN may not have the platform yet but they have the stars and will keep signing big names who are proven draws to grow their platform.

Yes PBC failed to revolutionise the sport, though part of that was perhaps due to poor match making, poor promotion of fights and fighters and that they were trying to do so using old outdated ideas when today many people stream content and watch it not when the schedule decides but when they have time to do so. Where DAZN maybe different is that they understand that viewing habits have changed and streaming is now how most people will watch media.

Not saying DAZN will succeed where PBC failed but if they do fail it will be for different reasons.

6. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    so you are admitting you have ZERO concept of losing to gain ?

If a company has more expenses than gross profit, the result is a net business loss. A company can have a larger amount of gross profit, but if the cost to run the business is even higher, there is no net profit. To be a profitable business, a company must have total expenses lower than the gross profit generated by the sales of products and services. This is reversed by doing MORE sales which is the DAZN goal as steady income,there is no BORROWING unless something goes over the budget .

Again someone will buy out ACCESS if they were forfeiting the rights to DAZN or however the agreement is. Don't you understand this ? If that company funding is less then they are used to DAZN cuts cost elsewhere, posting some vague account/ links whatever the hell that was has no meaning here to how they generate money for future or presently .

Stick to boxing...ACTUAL boxing actual boxing talk.

This is what happens when you go to bat for a moron like @Davo lol

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  7. Gymbot

Mar 8, 2017
    You described the company's actual filed statutory accounts as ' some vague account'. You don't even understand the difference between the balance sheet (where debt sits) and the P&L.

Go back to school kid. I'm done trying to explain business basics to an idiot who has chosen to ignore actual data/facts as outlined in their own audited accounts, which you haven't even read.

Ignore the FACT that Perform Group has so far borrowed AT LEAST £750m. Ignore the FACT that they lost £370m in their latest filed accounts. The facts dispute your juvenile claims.

You are clearly out of your depth and cannot accept basic facts. It's like arguing with a petulant child.

8. Ted Stickles

Ted Stickles Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2007
    From what I understand they were given a billion dollars to start aquirinf fighters and they have a steady income from not just boxing but all of the other sports they stream for 9.99 a month.... so if theres a couple million subscribers then you can see that streaming will be the new thing in the future and PPv will be eventually fazed out