Where the hell is Fedosov?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Sep 20, 2017.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    C'mon, you remember Andrey Fedosov. He smashed his way to gold in ESPN's heavyweight Boxcino tourney in 2015. Before that, he gave then-undefeated Bryant Jennings a tough night's work (maybe his second toughest night prior to his big elite step up versus Pérez and subsequent losses to Klitschko and Ortiz) before an eye injury forced him to withdraw. Before that he was a hard-hitting prospect whose buzz train got derailed by a non-televised loss to veteran contender Goofi Whitaker, though most consider that a robbery.

Here we have a top 15 heavyweight, maybe higher by now if he was still ranked and keeping active, who isn't all that old by the division's standards at 31, in fact probably just now priming, with a crowd-pleasing and very heavy-handed style, and reputedly solid but unverifiable amateur credentials (enough so that his reputation caused one Chauncy Welliver to blatantly admit to ducking him on the BoxRec forums: http://boxrec.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37345) and hailing at the very least from Russia with its deep, strong fundamentals coaching program - and yet he is languishing on the shelf these past 15½ months since we last saw him. That was on the Molina Jr. vs. Provodnikov undercard on Showtime in June of last year, wearing down a plump yet game Mario "Chebalo" Heredia in a pier 6 war of attrition featuring a rare three consecutive 10-8 rounds before he put the final punctuation mark on the hardy Mexican brawler. Nothing since then even scheduled.

What gives? Come back, dude.

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  2. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    All three of his Boxcino tournament winning colleagues (Petrov at lightweight, Thompson at super welter, and Monroe Jr. at middleweight) have gone on to world title shots. He is the odd man out.

3. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Dude is just retaaaahded strong.

This content is protected

What a waste of beefcake if he doesn't get an opportunity contending for a belt.

Ilikeboxing likes this.
  4. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Unfortunately the highest ranking he ever achieved was #9, in the WBO and WBA (before each org dropped him due to his lapse in activity, in February and May respectively). He peaked at #22 in the WBC and was never rated by the IBF, who only ever publish a top 15 in each division.

The weakest link is currently Wilder, given the hiccup Shannon Briggs' suspension for a failed PED test caused in plans for him to battle Fres Oquendo for the vacant regular WBA title (by default the victor would have been just keeping it warm before they cashed in to hot-potato it to a much younger legit talent). It would take a long arduous climb to challenge Wilder, though. Whoever comes out victorious between Parker and Fury is probably a favorite to outbox Fedosov even if he does claw his way back into a top-ten berth and then nudge his way up a bit.

The other, least desirable course of action is to pursue Anthony Joshua, who probably dances circles around Fedosov before stopping him for the first time in his career. Besides, standing in his path should he go either the WBA or WBO route is his countryman, Alexander Povetkin, and I don't see Fedo beating Sasha on his best night (even if that coincided with a really bad night for Sasha).

5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Also unfortunately: he seems to have spent most of 2017, per his Instagram profile, training with his brother Artem Fedosov, an MMA "welterweight" prospect.

(That, and banging his new unfathomably hot wife, Galina.)

Having already cross-trained in MMA and sparred heavyweights from that sport for years now, could this portent a jump in disciplines after having grown bored waiting for the call-up to his big chance in this one?

Encouragingly, he did spend a solid amount of time in regular boxing gyms as well, and sparred with apparent good buddy Egor Mekhontsev a bit.

6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Even more unfortunately: he is a big-time foodie, posting lots of photos of his artery-clogging diet, and in his spare time likes to cram up to 5 (!!!) double cheeseburgers into his noticeably puffier face at once.

7. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I have been wondering where he was...................

How about Sirenko? Stiverne tested two times for PEDS, yet the WBC kept his mandatory status, while Povetkin was cleared by VADA, but did not get to fight Wilder, now that is a double standard...............

8. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Povetkin-Lite.. But still a welcome addition to the HW division, who unfortunately could never really capitalize on any momentum he ever gained.

9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Yeah, Xtra-Lite, but I'd still favor him over a few top 15 names right now.

10. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    You taaaaaaakin ta moi??????

11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    That's about the size of it. You know who else is "about" the "size" of "it"?

...ya old lady! Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

12. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Not gonna lie, Andrey has a chill ass life and I'm kinda jelly.

Just eats whatever he wants, giant rare steaks and burgers, shoves around small vehicles and then yanks at them with a rope just for the fun of it, regularly trounces his kid bro in the cage while smugly thinking "no matter how good you get at this I'd still own you any day on my turf in the ring", and the coup de`grace....have you SEEN his new bride????

Can't blame him for not sweating a heavyweight championship. He's living it up already.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  13. Butch Coolidge

Butch Coolidge Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Andrey "The Human Tow Truck" Fedosov.

14. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Well, he is finally returning. That is the good news...

As we all know he didn't wind up appearing on that card in June like he was supposed to:
    https://www.boxingforum24.com/threa...h-but-watch-as-neither-gets-televised.608136/

...which, though not an ideal situation, left the door open at least for him to make it on TV if somebody in another match pulled out last-minute or something, or CBSSN might've shown highlight clips or something...

Fedosov is now headlining a small potatoes card on Friday to zero promotion or fanfare in an 8-rounder versus Héctor Miguel Cubos Ramos, who is 11-18 (with eight of his wins and eight of his losses by KO).

Bleh.

15. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Lol there’s you’re answer,maybe him n Miller could have an eat off