Which Liam going to win?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Grooveongreg, Feb 13, 2017.

smith v williams

1. Smith

2. Williams

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
  2. Grooveongreg

Nov 16, 2013
    I'm perplexed as to where Smith gets his arrogance from.

He talks down about Williams like they shouldn't be talked about in the same breath. When in reality they've fought similar levels of opposition

When he stepped up to canelo he was destroyed.

And he keeps harping on about when he won the British 2 years ago. What does that mean? There were many title holders before any of our British champs, its just a moment in time.

I'm swaying 60/40 to Williams. I think he's underestimated Williams ability and will get a shock on the night

3. Avon Barksdale

Avon Barksdale Active Member Full Member

Nov 20, 2013
    it's that Gallagher's gym self entitlement. Hope the respectful Williams ices him

Grooveongreg likes this.
  4. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I think Liam Smith will win after a hard gruelling war and certainly won't have it all his own way. He always comes across as a nice guy Liam Smith but have to be honest I thought he was a bit full of himself st press conference, if he beats Liam Williams it will properly be the best win of his career (obviously the same can be said the other way round). I also thought Liam Williams cane across very well at the press confeeence. If it gets made fir WBO title would like Brook to fight winner after Spence if he can't get a unification fight (if he beats Spence)

Here's Johnny likes this.
  5. Liverpool82

Liverpool82 Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2010
    A real coin toss for me this fight !!!!! I'll support smith being a scouser but ...... I think Williams is gonna do this over 12 gruelling rounds in a fight of the year candidate! Think he's a class act.

6. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Im going to go with smith, although if he doesnt start working early doors he would give this fight away imo the tucking up and not throwing could potentialy lose him this fight but im going smith.
    Williams was a real gent in the interview

7. Grooveongreg

Nov 16, 2013
    I think the Corcoran fight where Williams lost his discipline and looked sloppy at times has cheapened his progress so far.

That won't be the case with being away from home and fighting a higher level of oppostion.

8. Dibbs

Dibbs Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2005
    Liam Smith got lucky, he fought for a vacant world title against a nobody, if he is levels above then where in his record are these 'levels'. He stepped up once and was beaten convincingly, just because you fight an elite fighter, doesn't mean you are an elite fighter yourself. Look at Paul Smith, doesn't want to fight at British level again, yet is quite happy to fight a couple of tomato cans and think it entitles him another world title shot.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  9. thornpipe

thornpipe Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2016
    This fight will be tougher for Smith than the canelo fight. In that fight he got out boxed in this fight i thinknhe will get out faught. Williams win for me

10. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I rate Smith a bit higher and even taking away the Canelo fight he has fought the better opposition.

Smith is a smoother boxer, better defense, better combination puncher, better chin, better stamina.
    Smith is basically better every where apart from power which I think Williams clearly hits a bit harder.
    Size wise Williams is broader but Smith is taller, pretty even in that department too.

I'm probably 85% confident Smith boxes Williams ears off and maybe even stops him, Smith is miles better than Corcoran and I don't think Williams is much better than Thompson

11. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Smith will win a gruelling fight with a late barrage finishing with a body shot. Maybe on a close points decision. A bit specific but trust me I'm psychic :picknose:

12. Chalky

Chalky Member Full Member

Jul 18, 2016
    Liam Williams for me. Dont rate Liam Smith at all.