Why Dereck "WAR" Chisora is a good opponent

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by miniq, Oct 15, 2022.

1. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Now I'm hearing a lot of murmuring in the background these days about a certain opponent selection for the chosen one Tyson Fury. I hear things, cruel things, sadistic things about said opponent of whom he has chosen for an activity bout for December 3rd. A bout that as is suggested in the name is being used to keep him active ready for his undisputed bout against a former middleweight in what will be a boxing purists wet dream in early 2023.

So it was just this summer gone that Mr.Fury fought another man called Mr.Whyte. A fight which many claimed Whyte has earned the hard way. A man who many people supposedly wanted to see Fury fight. A man who himself who had started to try and sew a seed of "Fury will duck me" narrative.

Well when this bout came about Mr.Whyte sulked into his boots. He didn't want to promote the fight. Claims of unfair treatment despite a career high payday. Now to anyone with half a boxing braincell could see Dillian Whyte stylistically was the worst possible pitting up against Tyson Fury. FAR WORSE than another man named Mr.Chisora who had fought and lost to Fury twice...and may I remind people that the first bout against Chisora was no pushover for Mr.Fury who was still fledgling fresh from the womb, Chisora gave him a good fight.

So here we are on the praecipes of Fury Chisora III and let me tell you. The 250 pound Frazier wannabe will yet AGAIN give Fury a better bout than Whyte did and for as long as it lasts and be a fun little sight for the weary eyes of jaded boxing fans.

Now people can say what they want and think what they think but the real cold hard truth here is that Fury Chisora is still not over the line. It's the only man who can be feasibly pitted against Fury in the current timescales and maybe be viable business wise. There is a good chance should this bout not be announced next week that Fury does not fight AT ALL this December....

Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
    Willie Maeket and Thunderstorm like this.
  2. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Ok

3. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
  4. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone banned Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Because you are a poof.

Toney F*** U, fencik45 and uppakut like this.
  5. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado banned Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Yes, he's a poof infatuated with Tyson Fury.

But he's not Fury's friend, or else he would be honest and let him know Chisora is not a suitable opponent for him at this time.

6. Ilesey

Ilesey ~ Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    No thank you.

fencik45 likes this.
  7. Kiwi Casual

Kiwi Casual Active Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2021
    Fury fighting Chisora again is about as good as Wilder giving Stiverne another fight. I'll give you a hint...

IT'S NOT.

8. Who_Necks

Who_Necks David Price's Big Suit Full Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Chisora is not a fit opponent for anyone ever again, guy is shot to **** and has been for years since at least 2017 when he lost to Kabayel.
    He will 100% end up talking like James Toney.
    He is about to enter his 40th year and has 12 losses and many wars where he has been flat on his back and knocked down many times.
    How anyone including Fury can justify this fight on PPV are beyond help.

9. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Unfortunately Chisora's become a four rounders fighter. Too wars made. However he always remains a good keeper in the division.

PS: Fury is a coward. He chose an easy fight. But as Reagan said to terrorists you can run but you cannot hide. Sooner or later he will have to face a top fighter among Usyk, Joyce, Ruiz or he will get rasperries from any side.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
  10. Who_Necks

Who_Necks David Price's Big Suit Full Member

Dec 11, 2016
    But people like Yoka ,Anderson and Hugie Fury should be fighting gatekeepers and knocking them out with ease not a 2 time HW champion of the World. Fury should be fighting the likes of Joyce Usyk or AJ even a Wilder 4.
    He should be aiming for legacy now and trying to get ATG status not fighting Chisora.

fencik45 and uppakut like this.
  11. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Agreed but his main aim seems to be to defend the title with B level or worn out fighters.

fencik45 and uppakut like this.
  12. DaRealJT

DaRealJT Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 26, 2021
    It's a meh fight

Not an interesting fight and there are a couple of better opponents Fury could have picked

But it's also far from the worst fight in the world

At the end of the day, boxing fans should stop crying because Fury wanting to stay active in the interim is evidence that Fury actually wants the undisputed fight next year

Unfortunately we haven't seen that evidence from Usyk

13. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Miniq should be banished to MySpace for such posts

14. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Miniq loves leftovers that have been in the freezer for eight years.

uppakut likes this.
  15. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014