Why does this nonsense about Josh Kelly ducking David Avaseyen get entertained ?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Optimus Grime, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Optimus Grime

Optimus Grime Member Full Member

Feb 12, 2014
    There was literally no evidence to suggest that he had **** it, just the words of a very upset manager. You honestly believe a professional boxer got scared of the shape the other man was in ? A professional with an extensive amateur record of fighting the best in the world ?

I didn’t make this thread just because of you, your opinion isn’t that important to me. I’ve read it numerous times an heard from numerous people and it just seems a case of trying to knock a young man who is on the up.

2. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Okay - maybe I am using the incorrect terminology. No I do not believe that Josh Kelly is scared of David Avenesyan - I do believe that Kelly / Booth are scared of losing to him though - or anyone at this stage.

I'm not disputing Josh boxed at a high level as an amateur but you and I both know him taking losses as an amateur is not the same as it is as a pro. If he loses at this stage of his career he loses on of his marketing points - his unbeaten record. He's not a massive ticket seller (does okay in that department but not compared to some others), he hasn't got a massive online / social media presence, so in terms of marketing strategies Hearn hasn't got much else at this stage other than the whole skit he does with Johnny Nelson and Carl Froch saying "This kid is special / He's going all the way / Could be the pick of the bunch / Just can't see him losing" over and over again.

3. Txomo

Txomo Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Josh could fight Skeete or Gavin, or Avanesyan if he loses against flat-footed Kerman on March... :)

4. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    There is less than zero chance he fights any of them three next.