Why doesnt Eddie Hearn go on Talksport ?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Thunderstorm, Oct 3, 2022.

1. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Sweatyy Bunce haha

2. Quickeyg

Quickeyg Really really really don't care. Full Member

Sep 13, 2018
    Because Eddie Hearn is a BIG chicken like AJ.

MAD_PIGE0N likes this.
  3. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    I don’t know. At least AJ fought Usyk twice rather than duck him like Fury.

4. Quickeyg

Quickeyg Really really really don't care. Full Member

Sep 13, 2018
    Joshua lost TWICE and cried.................................................. like a little girl.

MAD_PIGE0N and 08Horacio08 like this.
  5. 08Horacio08

08Horacio08 Member banned Full Member

Jan 20, 2023
    Lol yeh the Joshua boys going with the Chisora thing these days he lost lol it’s not an achievement lol

6. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    I know this is an old thread but Hearn has been on TalkSport many times.

I'm willing to bet that Jordan wouldn't "tear him a new one" at all, Hearn can hold his own in an argument. Jordan occasionally asks awkward questions of Frank Warren but not often, and he continues to parrot the "Conor Benn is a good kid, we want him boxing" line. That's just pandering to the sport in general, and Matchroom in particular, at a time it's being tarnished by stupidity.

Jordan is even saying the same as Hearn in that Benn is being badly advised, and they would probably end up agreeing that any Fury fight is held up by Fury's random demands rather than intransigence anywhere else. Going on TalkSport wouldn't make any odds to him.

Holler, Astro and SeanB1 like this.
  7. lefthook82

lefthook82 Boxing Addict Full Member

May 1, 2009
    He is coming in on Tuesday 11am.

The AJ ticket sales must be abysmal

moog likes this.
  8. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    He was always going to come in.

Talksport is not a radio station like any other. I can't post a detailed explanation, but think of it as a symbiotic parasite on the Body Sport.

The objectives for the interview will be viral soundbites and the controversy maintained, not resolved. Nothing too intensive however as Matchroom are a customer as well as a potential target. No-one wants to bite the hand that feeds them and in this case this goes both ways.

Finkel likes this.
  9. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Eddie will be shitttin a little bit. Jordan doesn't have a reputation/job or access to protect unlike the others who interview Eddie.

Plus Jordan is older, he probably knows Eddie's circle, his history and a bit of his background, that the general public won't necessarily know.

Also Simon doesn't get talked over at all, which Eddie tends to do with the muppets over at IFL and Boxing Social.

10. djfonti

djfonti Active Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2005
    Hopefully Jordan doesn't go easy on him but something tells me he won't go full throttle.

11. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    The lower tier is basically 66% unsold.

Go on the 02 website, and open up stage front. They've got it so it look like half a block is sold on the 02 site, but when you look at stage front the unavailable ones on 02 are all available on stagefront.

So there are loads of blocks with basically 0 sales

12. fruitandnutcase

fruitandnutcase Member Full Member

Feb 12, 2022
    Hearn low-diffs Jordan lol. Can just stall him and obstruct him with the WBC investigation. This isn't going to be a court hearing where all evidence and avenues are considered

Anyway, I don't have a huge lot of love for Jordan. He marginally went against Fury recently and you could tell it pained him to do so. I'm no AJ fan, but AJ got trounced for the Usyk rematch by Jordan... a fight he actually took and won rounds... versus a man who can't even get the fight on... really...

Finkel, BXNG101 and DramaShow like this.
  13. Ex Army Jim 39

Ex Army Jim 39 couldnt believe the price of chairs banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2022
    big deal he won rounds he also won rounds against fat Ruiz mewsflash he still lost he’s been beat thrice and fury Usyk is on and fury has negotiated masterfully he’s pulled Usyk’s pants down let’s get it on let’s see who’s Bette but Joyce will beat both given the chance

14. fruitandnutcase

fruitandnutcase Member Full Member

Feb 12, 2022
    I'm not a big enough mug mate to take whatever Fury and Frank say as gospel

Boxing tribalism is also cringe as ****. I'm a fan of the sport, not gigantic nobheads acting like I owe them my support

But we've got Delboy 4 to look forward to right? Wilder 4? Whyte 2? Delboy 5? Ngannou? Delboy 6? Hafthor Bjornsson? Wayne Rooney? Delboy 7? Mike Tyson?

nurological likes this.
  15. SeanB1

SeanB1 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Sep 8, 2022
    you missed Rose West she's top 5 with the IBF

Beale likes this.