Why has Canelo deflated?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Liquorice, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Wasteman

Wasteman Certified Wasteman Full Member

Jul 17, 2018
    I tend to agree

Beouche and boxfan99 like this.
  2. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Now you're trying to side track the topic.

The ONLY reason why I believe the story is because

A. Canelo has proven to be a clean fighter in and out the ring.
    B. Canelo was VADA tested for the first fight with Golovkin.
    C. The VADA approved lab stated that the amount of clen was consistent with tainted meat.
    D. He was in Mexico when this happened, and Mexico has a major problem with clen in meat.
    E. Why would Canelo using clen to add muscle 3-4 months before the fight (especially when most of his critics here claim he's bigger than GGG)
    F. Canelo willingly took a hair follicle test which can detect clen for up to one year

If anyone wants t believe he is juicing that's fine. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt like I have done so with many fighters including Klitschko, and Fury to name a couple.

3. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006

Ah, so you're excuse is set in stone. I take it you won't be watching the fight then.

4. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Canelo Alvarez is the biggest Mexican star in boxing currently. Promoted by probably the greatest Mexican star of the previous generation. Yet all other Mexican fighter's (all with a much lower profile & less resources) currently operating manage to avoid this 'contaminated meat'! Just give up... He looked like he was about to burst at the seams leading up to his last fight!

You're not giving him the benefit of the doubt you are an ardent advocate of his innocence taking it all personal. He can't even look GGG in the eye LOL

In fact i actually don't even believe deep down u do believe it. You're just so caught up in hating on GGG & his fan base that it's a narrative you can't afford to drop..

5. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    you are insinuating that he is not juiced anymore. I am not sure. Either way he will be faster now. Tell me this was he tested for the substance he had in his system last year in other fights, and if he was not positive then, was his body looking bigger then? If the substance helped him, then it will show in the final weight..I don't think that stuff helped his performance that much. He is a good fighter.

6. alangjk

alangjk Active Member Full Member

Aug 7, 2015
    A cigar is a cigar.

7. youcrazyboy

youcrazyboy Member Full Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Is this a joke thread, he tested positive for clenbuterol twice as he's a complete f'ing cheat who should be banned from boxing. If he had KILLED Amir Khan whilst on this stuff and got caught after he could be prosecuted for, at the very least, manslaughter. He should be banned for life. As should Povetkin, Peterson and anyone else caught. 6 months ban is a joke. I hope he gets defeated comprehensively now he's a skinny wreck without his PEDs. It will be hugely psychologically damaging to fight GGG off drugs if he's been using them for his confidence. This is why many are expecting a KO.

Liquorice, Beouche and kriszhao like this.
  8. Dirsspaardis

Dirsspaardis Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 2, 2017
    Sense of humour protects sanity, mate.
    Just ask @Farmboxer what he thinks of Ward.

9. Dirsspaardis

Mar 2, 2017
    You conveniently left out the fact that what you said would only be true if the test was reliable, which it wasn’t, and even the lab that performed the test admitted that.

kriszhao likes this.
  10. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Yes, he's the biggest Mexican boxing star atm. He's arguably the biggest star in ALL of boxing.
    This content is protected

ODLH is American born, and was the greatest Boxing star in the world for most of his generation. ODLH fought for the U.S. Olympic team and has lived his entire life in the U.S.
    Oscar happens to have Mexican parents, but that's about it. Oscar is as much MX as Trump is German.

Have you ever heard of boxing legend Erik Morales? How about former SFW champion Francisco Vargas? Have you heard what they have to say about the matter? Are you just stuck on that he is guilty?

I am undoubtedly giving Canelo the benefit of the doubt. IF any boxer ever deserved it, he does. Why? Because he is a clean fighter in the ring, he had never failed any drug tests, we know that Mexico has a clen problem. Why would he be using clen to pack muscle 3 months from the fight? (is he bigger or smaller than GGG)

He was tested by VADA before the GGG fight and is now enrolled in VADA's most stringent program.

And he WILLINGLY took a Hair follicle test that can detect clen up to one year. What else can you ask for from a fighter who failed attest. He went above and beyond to prove he is a clean fighter. Whether he is or isn't we can't know 100%, but he seems like someone that deserves the benefit of the doubt based on his conduct before and after the failed tests.

I believe he is clean. I give him the benefit of the doubt. I have no real issues with anyone thinking he juiced, after all he did pop dirty, just be level headed and open minded if you want to engage in a debate about it as I do. I get that you and his critics point out his body before the first fight, ok, I also point out he was being VADA tested. I get that you guys ride on that he failed TWO tests, sure, but I also point out they were three days apart, meaning it was extremely likely from the same source.

Deep down (as you put it) I believe he is clean, and I have no big issue as I said if you or anyone believe he is dirty. I would suggest you move on. I am curious to see how the GGGoons will react if Canelo wins clearly in the rematch.

11. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    he's an idiot. Especially with the "Was consistent with...." crap.

If I drank 20 beers, in 10 hours, my BAC would also be consistent w/ someone who only drank 2-3 beers. These idiots clearly found the 'language and phrasing' they need.

12. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Its true that the test isn't always 100% reliable. What is also true is that a Hair follicle test CAN detect PED use, including clenbuterol, for up to a year.

As a person who uses common sense, I would think the fact that Canelo willingly took the test which could detect clen or any PED he has taken in the last years says a lot about him. You could believe he is the biggest gambler ever in boxing, or you could believe he had nothing to hide and took the test confidently.

13. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    And while the discussion regarding the boxers continues, here you are talking endlessly about me and anyone you don't agree with.

14. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Are you that emotionally invested?

15. Dirsspaardis

Mar 2, 2017
    It can, IsaL, it can, but it’s unreliable and everyone, including Canelo and his advisors, knows this.
    That test does help Canelo’s image but it doesn’t prove that he actually was clean.