Why not Wilder vs Ruiz Jr? and who wins?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by bluebird, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Decker

Decker Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2007
    I like it but a bit surprised at the support Ruiz is getting in this thread. Posts are overwhelmingly favoring Andy, with the caveat that AR gets in some kind of decent shape (yes, by his standards).

Like most here I think it's a great match up... but will it realistically be made? Also think AJ-Ruiz 3 should happen at some point.
    Why is Ruiz so much on the outside after going 1-1 with AJ and he has the stoppage win? :thinking:

2. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Looks like a good one to see where both guys are at. Of course, I don't expect DW to face anyone dangerous, as he'll likely take a tune up then lobby for a shot at whomever holds belts. He seems like the type of guy who thinks he's above facing top contenders.

3. Salty Dog

Salty Dog My name is Buck and I'm here to... Full Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Honestly don't know who to pick but imo they should totally do it as the winner would regain much lost credibility and be in a strong position for an attempt at regaining a title.

4. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Wilder would duck him

5. Boxing Gloves

Boxing Gloves Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Wilder doesnt take any tough fights unless their 50 year olds with heart problems or fighters on the comeback after losing 100lbs and inactivity.

6. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Depends which Andy shows up.

7. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Ruiz is not was not and never will be dangerous............he is a fat short sharp but not hard puncher with feet stuck in cement who relies on his chin for defense while trying to trade with fairly fast hands.

Yet , this blob made AJ spit his mouth piece out and quit...............and made him run a marathon in the rematch in a Ring the size of a foot ball field.

Wilder will not trade, crouch down or stay up close.........he will force Ruiz plodding on the out side while nailing him with long right hands because Ruiz never moves his head and you cannot miss him if you tried.

So either Ruiz is going into a shell while lasting the distance or if he keeps on walking into right hands until he is laid out........afterwards Brit fan girls will claim Ruiz was a bum anyways and when will Wilder step up from bums......fact.

8. ArseBandit

ArseBandit Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Got to pick Wilder to KO the fat man.

9. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! I know what I like and I like what I know. Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Ruiz breaks Wilder down imo.

As for Wilder, and I could very well be wrong, I think for himself he is looking at Fury ($$$$) or nothing.

The payout against a #5 - #10 fighter is high risk, low reward. A loss and he is probably finished at the top end.

Whilst from a fans pov I disagree with this stance (line 2), from a fighters stance (Wilders), I kinda get it.

10. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Wilder one times him and brutally stops him.

11. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    interesting fight. I don't think either guy takes the other guys punch well. A clean punch could end this fight. I would want to see it. At this point I don't know what Wilder has left.

12. vituman

vituman Member Full Member

Oct 15, 2011
    BIg Andy would bulldoze through Wilder. First round (t)ko.

elmaldito likes this.
  13. Ted Stickles

Ted Stickles Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2007
    That’s a great matchup I’d love to see.... both would have something to prove. I’d love to see if Andy who has a really good chin can take the right hand and if he can does wilder crumble mentally? Or does Wilder go after Andy with a vengeance and try and redeem himself by knocking out a top 10 rated guy? Or dare I even say will Wilder try and show some boxing ability? Will Andy be in shape ? Lots of questions which only goes to show it’s a good match up.

14. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Wilder is tailor made for Ruiz. They will never fight