Why the constant hate for Joe Gallagher fighters..

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Champagne Popping, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Champagne Popping

Champagne Popping The TRUTH is the TRUTH banned Full Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Scott Quigg ( one of the best fighters in the UK)
    Callum Smith ( probably the best prospect in the UK)
    seem to get uneccesary hate

Crolla is getting wrote off completely before the Linares rematch

Paul Smith & Scott Cardle- can understand people not rating them- but still the level of hate is too much
    etc

I think cause people don't like Gallaghers personality they hate his fighters too...

But he's had a lot of success and is a top trainer. It's surely the best stable in the country.... ( between his and Shane Mcguigans). Stop the negativity..

2. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    I don't hate them all I like cal smith, Liam smith and butler.

3. CathyBarry

CathyBarry Active Member Full Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Yeah like you haven't said anything negative on here or anything.

Who hates Crolla? People writing him off is not hate m8

jmashyaka and delboy82 like this.
  4. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    People mostly hate Paul Smith because of his unjustified sense of entitlement toward having world title shots, much the same as Price. He's also a complete dick on Twitter, which Price isn't in fairness.

People are writing Crolla off against Linares because he already lost convincing

I don't know that people hate Quigg either, although I agree with the general sense that aside from Martinez his resume over recent times has been a bit thin in terms of wins

5. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    Like the person before says you are confusing hate with writing off .... most people on here that had any negatives of Quigg were mainly Frampton fans and was in the build up to their fight. The majority of posters on here praise him for his work ethic and dedication to the craft. Not really seen that much hate for Callum Smith or Crolla. Cardle and Paul Smith i wil admit get a fair bit of stick but that seems tot stem from Cardle failing to impress in much of his fights and Paul Smith getting opportunities that some think he doesnt deserve.

6. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Posters are just stating facts. All joe seems to be able to do is get his guys fit. He is very good st that....but a crummy tactician. No great corner man either.

7. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    I don't think people hate Gallagher or his fighters much it's more the way Hearn and Sky sports try to make sound as though they are real world champions when really a lot of them fought less than world class opponents to get there belts.

Callum smith- talented has good power but is still fighting cab drivers when he should be at least fighting a Murray. When he fights Degale he will get a real schooling.

Liam smith-fought absolutely no one till he got dismantled by a world class Canelo.

Crolla- I think he's an over achiever, great guy hard to not like Crolla as a person but I won't be picking him to beat Linares.

Cardle- I saw this man lose twice to Dodd and still get a decision.

Paul and Stephen Smith- how much title shots can these guys get before they admit there not world level. They must be on their 3rd.

Quigg- Got gifted a belt then when it came to biggest fight of his career waited till he was 6 rounds down before he threw a punch.

8. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Used to like Joe years back when he was straight talking and called a spade a spade
    I remember him training john in the park
    Then Joe got a few more fighters and khans gym and he changed talks shyte he turned into what he disliked about the sport him self
    But I hear money changes people and they will say and do anything for it